Concerns regarding purchase of 2011 9-5, (low miles) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-5 '10+ Forum > General New 9-5 Posts and Information

General New 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the new 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Concerns regarding purchase of 2011 9-5, (low miles)

Hello all, thank you in advance for any assistance. I am considering purchasing a 2011 9-5 with low miles. Obvious concerns are parts availability as well as service. My local dealer claims they can continue to service, but says replacement body parts, in case of accident, may be problematic. Please note I have owned a 9-3, 9000 and 9000 Aero in the past, and loved the cars.

Any and all opinions are welcome, thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #2
Elder

the NG9-5 was only available for the years in which SAAB was on its way under. Not a lot sold and not a lot were made.

the NG9-5 Aero with XWD is a fantastic car but if anything breaks or someone hits you you are likely SOL especially if that happens a couple years down the road.

also keep in mind if it gets totaled the Insurance companies put a very low $$ value on them as the company went under and they are very expensive to fix due to availability.

so if you dont mind the gamble you can get a lot of car for the money.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Thanks nowhereman, I appreciate your taking the time for such a well thought out reply. Decided the gamble was not worth it, (was a car for my wife), yesterday purchased a '13 BMW 328ix, Sad what happened to Saab, I enjoyed the ones we had...

Nice to hear from a fellow New Englander, (We are in northern CT)

Old 07-30-2014, 04:39 AM   #4
Elder

no problem.

i love the NG9-5s and would love to have one but the prices havent dropped enough yet to be worth the gamble for me either. in a couple years maybe
Old 07-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Last week a sales rep came by and she owns a new 9-5, she purchased it at auction when saab was shut down. I think she stated she paid $24K for the loaded car.... she loves it and comes from a saab family

Some parts she stated do take a while, if I recall one of the rear light assembly was partially defective and its been 6 months for the part to arrive.... whatever it was is a known problem so she ordered two. She stated otherwise it's been reliable and when stuff does break the wait is minimal

But yea... not sure I would make that gamble either. Hopefully my old Viggen will last another two year then I can get something newer.

Saabless for the first time since 1986
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 9000Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember56 View Post
Thanks nowhereman, I appreciate your taking the time for such a well thought out reply. Decided the gamble was not worth it, (was a car for my wife), yesterday purchased a '13 BMW 328ix, Sad what happened to Saab, I enjoyed the ones we had...

Nice to hear from a fellow New Englander, (We are in northern CT)
Good decision to not take the gamble. The newest 9-5's are beautiful, awesome vehicles, but any owner would be screwed if they were in an accident or something like that. Body parts for these cars are non-existent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 9-3 Aero 6mt
2005 9-3 Aero auto (wife's ride!)
Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #7
SAABeginner

Thank you all for the responses. I will be moving on, (to a BMW forum site, I drive an X5 diesel). I appreciate the input, best regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in