Available options (n00b) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-5 '10+ Forum > General New 9-5 Posts and Information

General New 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the new 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Available options (n00b)

Will there ever be a 9-5 XWD Aero with a manual gearbox? Is there something that was proven to be non-profitable or anything (so they don't cba)? Should I wait before I spent a fortune on a auto again?

PS: Yes, I'm clueless, at least I admit it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was told that if I think I can cover 11.000 miles in 30 days I'm dreaming. Who says I'm not...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Elder

I think it will be a few years, but most of the dealer sales guys don't even know for sure what will be available from one model year to the next - might be a good question for Steve Wade, who writes the SaabsUnited blog who knows some of the inside info, although I'm sure the board won't release what vehicles will be available in which markets until it's released officially - that's a big thing in corporate manufacturing.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
Saabs theory from what i was told is that the sales wouldn't cover the price cost for development based on the size of the car and sales trends. I'm sure the 9-3 will be manual, but i doubt we'll see a true manual in the current 9-5.
'01 Viggen (sold)

Old 02-13-2011, 03:30 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
ive heard you can get a 4cyl with a stick and that the manual trans 4cyl is near as quick as the slushbox/v6 combo.

PS i still think this 9-5 weighs to much

15 years ago every company was boasting about how little there cars weighed, it seams like theve forgotton about that idea now
Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

My problem is that I don't want to spend 50+ grand for an automatic and the Aero is the one I like. I guess I can wait a bit more. Maybe the 9-3 will take my mind out of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was told that if I think I can cover 11.000 miles in 30 days I'm dreaming. Who says I'm not...
Old 02-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
the 4 cylinder mt is not nearly as quick, quick enough, but not that quick.

Sucks though, in europe you can get a 4 banger in aero trim.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
the 4 cylinder mt is not nearly as quick, quick enough, but not that quick.

Sucks though, in europe you can get a 4 banger in aero trim.
In all honesty, if I wanted a fast car I'd move to Germany where I could at least drive it fast. The trim level is what I'm after in a new car. I don't mind even if it looks like a Skoda from the outside. It's the inside I'm looking every day. And unfortunately the options I want are only available in the Aero. All except the damn 6-speed gearbox.

EDIT: Skoda... *vomit*

Old 02-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
Elder

I'm sure an exhaust + tune will net some nice gains for the 2.0T, it is a shame they decided to keep output down for that engine.

|
|
Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

Here are the options in The Netherlands (for the Aero)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in