Edmund's 2011 9-5 Aero review - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-5 '10+ Forum > General New 9-5 Posts and Information

General New 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the new 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #21
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42 View Post
Not including the 2010+ 9-5 - but I laughed at that. Don't believe what you read! Those GM-afied 9-5's were so crickety and cheap inside and out it wasn't even funny. The lack of build quality was rather amazing that they have lasted as long as they have. I did not like the BS sqeak and rattle work I had to do on all of the ones from Doylestown, PA - they are horrible cars in that department. Forgetting what they look liked was easy once you got on a nice straight away and floored it however. Fast they were, but about 5 years too late.

Here's hoping to the new 9-5!
Well...it comes from a magazine that is connected to the Swedish "Consumer report" so it should be backed up by some statistic's, you would think? The same magazine has critizised SAAB for years for their low build qaulity. But ok...if you been working on them, you should know. If I would buy one, any advice what to look for, what to watch out for, and what was the most common reason for all that sqeek and rattle? It sounds like you are saying that SAAB has an assembly place in Doylestown? Not surprised, just haven't heard of it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #22
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Wow, noobs come out of the woodwork to post lawl stuffs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #23
Elder

hmmmm - how to answer this. lol

Squeaks and rattles from poor plastic parts which should have been made to higher quality. Also they like to make spot welds which aren't good - they crack and creek.

Doylestown, PA = Fred beans Saab dealership where I worked previously. Economy tanked and I ran for more (same really) money.

They are "better" cars - but worse in area's they had no issues in before.... but again, the NEW 9-5's are the hope and future - focus on those.
for your repair needs

Old 01-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #24
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
Yeah my parents 9-5 is nice car by all means, and it doesn't really have any squeaks or rattles, but i've driven plenty that do, and its been very reliable, but that being said, its far from perfect (ie road noise is more noticeable than i'd like, and the suspension is decent but a little harsh). One thing it does do thats annoying as hell, the damn speaker grille in front pops up randomly in the summer, its done that since '07 (its an '05), guess i could rig it so it wouldn't but still. I still don't agree with that whole comparing a 5 year old bimmer to a new saab. Yeah i'd probably rather have the m5, but your losing on warranty, paid maintenance, but its just how things work. Its just stupid logic IMO. Compare apples to apples.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #25
Avid TSL User

Good to know, maybe I have to rethink what I want to buy. The wagon is quiter then the sedan. They dont sell much sedan's in Sweden, we love our wagon's. One magazine asked the SAAB engineer's how come the wagon was quieter. (I guess before they get a little bit old and start to fall apart...hehe) I love the answer......"We dont know, we change a sedan to a wagon, and it come out better in that way, why? We have no clue" Other manufactorer's engineer's would probably lie and invent a story on how many hour's they worked, to make it quiet. I don't know what this tells us about these engineers? They don't know what they are doing? (just kidding) They are to honest? Anyway, I love the honesty.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #26
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I really think that they hope the most critical buyer...the "new owners" lease the car, think its so great because its new, and then dump it off on the dealerships to resell, the next owner is the one that gets screwed because the problems with all the new technology start to arise...I think this goes for all cars.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #27
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Carl Send a message via Skype™ to Carl
I've had a 1999 9-5 SE, 2003 9-5 Aero and 2004 9-5 Aero. The earliest car was the best built of the three, hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsSide42 View Post
hmmmm - how to answer this. lol

Squeaks and rattles from poor plastic parts which should have been made to higher quality. Also they like to make spot welds which aren't good - they crack and creek.

Doylestown, PA = Fred beans Saab dealership where I worked previously. Economy tanked and I ran for more (same really) money.

They are "better" cars - but worse in area's they had no issues in before.... but again, the NEW 9-5's are the hope and future - focus on those.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M00 9-3 Conv. B234 makes up for Sun Green
M73 99L In Maine
Old 01-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #28
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I 100% agree without my 2001 Saab 9-5 wagon being such a damn good car...my daughter would not be going to Catholic School ...I was the second owner of this car, bought it with 80K miles on it and a 5 year loan back in 2004...drove it back and forth to Boston for 2 years, now it has 160K miles on it and still almost flawless performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
I've had a 1999 9-5 SE, 2003 9-5 Aero and 2004 9-5 Aero. The earliest car was the best built of the three, hands down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in