Thought the V6 was getting a manual in '11? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-5 '10+ Forum > General New 9-5 Posts and Information

General New 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the new 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
Elder

Thought the V6 was getting a manual in '11?

I just looked up the new specs listed for the Turbo6 and Turbo4 on saabUSA website.

They dont list that a 6 speed manual is available for the V6 in the 2011 model year.

I can see that driving away some people from purchasing this car.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #2
JK
Elder

I don't see that as driving away many people as well. The manual seems to appeal to people who drive 10 year old used cars, not as much to people who buy new.

They do have their market, it is just very small.

Also, I never heard from anyone credible that the V6 would get a manual trans...
Old 11-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
Elder

That's really going to drive me away from buying a used one in 5 years.

I can see that not being a particularly worthwhile development, but it is pretty disappointing for the few people that would care. Can we get 4cyl XWD with a manual?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
I'll take a 4cyl FWD MTX wagon, please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
Yeah only the 4 banger is getting the manual, thats been the plan all along from what i've heard. For the amount of development they would need to fill a small market its doubtfully worth while, hopefully the future non gm influenced ventures will allow for more flexibility.
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Elder

doesnt look like any markets are getting v6's with manuals
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
SAABeginner

Too bad, my options at Turbo X lease:

1. Audi S4
2. Acura TL SHAWD 6MT
3. BMW F30
Old 11-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Elder

I would go audi or BMW, as long as the new one looks good, I'm partial to BMW, audis are never quite as satisfying to drive, although they are quite good, a 335 is as fast as an s4, and uses turbos, which I <3
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I'm getting the 9-2 when its available. I don't even care much how it looks as long as its small, light, quality comparable to a mini, and priced like the mini.

In other words, I'm getting a mini-type car no matter what. Be it saab badged or the alfa 500 that's coming soon.

Just hope saab has a contender so I can indulge.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
I would go audi or BMW, as long as the new one looks good, I'm partial to BMW, audis are never quite as satisfying to drive, although they are quite good, a 335 is as fast as an s4, and uses turbos, which I <3
I have only heard of good things about the new S4 with the blown 3.0. Pulley, exhaust,, intake, and ecu tune is going to show BIG gains. S4 vs 335 is a good match, but also each car plus $1500 will be fun to watch also.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
You would be very surprised at how many people won't buy a car without a manual transmission... and the big engine with the most HP, and no manual option? Pffff.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami View Post
I'm getting the 9-2 when its available. I don't even care much how it looks as long as its small, light, quality comparable to a mini, and priced like the mini.
I'm thinking the same thing. But I might just wuss out and get one of the last 9-3 SS. 31 EPA Highway MPG is really nice and I like the car overall.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
I have only heard of good things about the new S4 with the blown 3.0. Pulley, exhaust,, intake, and ecu tune is going to show BIG gains. S4 vs 335 is a good match, but also each car plus $1500 will be fun to watch also.
Yeah i've heard tons of compliments as well, i just don't like the Audi (so its purely opinion based lol)
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 11-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to spgeebee88
we just got 2 6spd turbo4's FWD off the truck today.... haven't driven them yet tho...
Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #15
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgeebee88 View Post
we just got 2 6spd turbo4's FWD off the truck today.... haven't driven them yet tho...
Are they really putting fake wood(plastic) in the non Aero interiors? That would be disappointing at this price point.

JTMav
Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Raven18940
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMav View Post
Are they really putting fake wood(plastic) in the non Aero interiors? That would be disappointing at this price point.

JTMav
Hey, I have that in my Aero and I like it.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgeebee88 View Post
Wow, that's sooner than I expected.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven18940 View Post
Hey, I have that in my Aero and I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMav View Post

JTMav
Not "Fake" its real, just scratch it and see, it splinters real nice, its just a laminate tho, really thin wood... ask me how I know...

Quote:
Wow, that's sooner than I expected.
Saw one off the truck at my dealer last week, but they were haveing an intro this week and did not even take the palctic off.

the big sunroof is really nice... is the 2.0 T8? Is it tunable? the turbo is behind the engine ( with the exhaust) so it could be hard to swap turbos i would imagine
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #19

Quote:

I will second this... the 3.0t S4's are quite fun, but they just dont have the sound of the older V8 S4.

I haven't driven the 335 yet- so I cannot compare.

Last edited by IX III; 11-12-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #20

Send a message via AIM to spgeebee88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
Not "Fake" its real, just scratch it and see, it splinters real nice, its just a laminate tho, really thin wood... ask me how I know...

Saw one off the truck at my dealer last week, but they were haveing an intro this week and did not even take the palctic off.

the big sunroof is really nice... is the 2.0 T8? Is it tunable? the turbo is behind the engine ( with the exhaust) so it could be hard to swap turbos i would imagine
not all of them have the wood,

iam not sure if its T8 yet but iam 99% sure its the same motor in the Cobalt SS the 2.0T Direct injected EcoTec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in