The Saab Link Forums

The Saab Link Forums (https://www.saablink.net/forum/index.php)
-   General New 9-3 Posts and Information (https://www.saablink.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Xwd Reflash - Issues with Buick Diff and Oem ECU/Solenoid (https://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121111)

chevyman 06-29-2019 06:55 PM

Xwd Reflash - Issues with Buick Diff and Oem ECU/Solenoid

I'm curious if anyone has reprogrammed a GM xwd unit with Saab software.

I have installed a late model Buick Regal differential into my 08 TurboX, with my factory xwd ecu and main solenoid. The differential was advertised as having ~50 miles, but my ecu and solenoid have ~80k.

The car seems to work fine with a stock tune. When I flash the Vtuner stage 0, the car bucks at high boost at low RPM. If I pull the xwd fuse in the trunk it seems to run fine. The plugs and bosch coil packs have ~15k on them.

I can purchase a completely new diff for ~2600. A new ECU and solenoid is 6-700. If I can reprogram/ have reprogrammed the buick unit It will be like new.

If anyone here knows someone in PA that could I'd like to know. I live near Pittsburgh and travel to my parents near Lancaster throughout the year.

I asked a local dealer when I had the airbag replaced a d they couldn't.

Additional Info:

I tried a cadillac xts diff that had 9k miles on it and had trouble with the elsd solenoid and some oil leaking.

The Buick unit also leaks, and I think the axle seals differ between the two. But that is a separate issue that is more easily solved, but something I thought I would share.

Sorry for the novel here, but xwd knowledge is somewhat limited so I want to share as much as I can.

P.S: Has anyone thought of fusing the clutch packs together and have the rear diff always active? I believe the diff has a posi traction type unit that would allow slip between the rear wheels that would be necessary when turning.

viggen717 07-01-2019 04:02 PM

Give Mark at MD Weaver Saab a call (he seemingly doesn't have a website) at (717) 661-7331 and see if he may be able to help you out. He's in Leola and is super straight forward and doesn't BS you, I borderline have to convince him to do work on my car. Swedish Motors in Marietta could probably do it but they are $$$, if you sweet talked Kelly Cadillac they could probably do it too, but again, $$$.

I am in Lancaster and have a Chinese Tech2 (and Candi?) that you could use if you're up for trying to program it yourself, but I have zero experience with 9-3SS or XWD so would be of no help.

chevyman 07-02-2019 02:34 PM

Thanks! I've dealt with Mark many years ago, seemed like a good guy.

I have a clone tech 2 as well. Maybe I need to try and research if it is possible to do on my own.

lucyjohn987 07-10-2019 04:53 AM

Problem solved?

chevyman 07-15-2019 01:57 PM

Getting there. I replaced the seals over the weekend and solved the leak. I need to fix a bad wheel speed sensor before I go any further.