Somebody please help !!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Exclamation Somebody please help !!!

Ok so I bought my saab 9-3 aero 2007 7 months ago ! At first it was great, then I drove to North Carolina from Virginia and my check engine light came on just as arrived to my destination .my brother and I took it to autozone and they said there was a mis fire on cylinder 3 and it may be the spark plug . Shortly there after the car began vibrate rather hard whenever I turned on my ac,so instead of replacing just the 3 rd cylinder spark plug I replaced all 6 t sparks plugs with iridium plugs (ngk) the engine light went off finally for a second as soon as I drove on the highway it came right back on ! So back to auto zone I went, only this time it had multiples misfire on cylinders 1,2,3,5 they tell me this time looks like it's time for new coil packs. so I purchased all 6 coil packs and took it back to the mechanic and he replaced the coil packs when I picked it up the light was still on .. Got it checked out again this time mis fire on all cylinders ..rides smooth no stutter or rough idling but engine light just won't go away ..oh and did I mention I tried disconnecting the battery and ended up having to replace that to ! Does anyone have any ideas I'm serious think about getting a Audi or BMW if I can't figure this out
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #2

In my short tenure around here, I have realized, Even those that are well todo, and know their way around when it comes to the GM stuff stay away from 6 cylinders like the plague.

Hopefully someone can help you out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
SAABeginner

am not the best or close but I've got a 01 9-5 aero 2.3 three codes p-1312 1334 0340 now changed plugs NGK and changed DIC but mine was used so may have got a bad one for 75 bucs but anyway car runs ok even when the cel comes back on I heard your coil pacs may have to be genuine saab if that helps . they are great cars but a pain in the ass at times

Old 09-02-2014, 05:17 AM   #4
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

First of all, if your solution to a broken car is to buy an Audi or BMW, you'll probably be in the market for another car soon enough.

So, you have new plugs and coil packs but the misfire light is still on. Unfortunately it is pretty well known that the cheap coil packs from A/Z do not work well. They should be good enough to keep the CEL off, but you never know. How long have you driven it with all the new parts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
SAABeginner

Haha @saabeh I guess you have a point .. But I've had the parts installed for about a week and a half now it feels fine and drives fine however it's still reading the same codes ..I don't know if it is because I used aftermarket coils or my car is mis firing and I don't know however my car is driving smoother than ever
Old 09-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyce693 View Post
I'm serious think about getting a Audi or BMW if I can't figure this out
I thought about this thread last night. Buddy of mine came and picked me up from work. He drives a 98 M5, it has the M3 motor, its a six speed manual.

Holy fuck! Sweet, mad powerful, floats like its on ice.. Off the line it's very impressive!

It's got that C900 solid body feel; like a tank; Door thud when closed (one main reason I can't own a GM car. Doors close and no thud).
Rigid chassis;

The list of things I love about that car just goes on.

If you are considering another car really I would be looking at something like that!

Just sayin......
Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

A 1998 M5 has a V8, not an M3 motor unless some fuckery is afoot. Also, go buy an E39 5 series and enjoy the water cooled alternator!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
A 1998 M5 has a V8, not an M3 motor unless some fuckery is afoot. Also, go buy an E39 5 series and enjoy the water cooled alternator!
He told me it's the only M5 with an M3 motor.

I don't know much just what I was told. Whatever it was it was very sweet, powerful, and smooth.

If I eve sell my vert it would be replaced with something like that M5.

I don't like any of the new shape BMW. I like the late 90's shape..

Anywhoo, wasn't trying to thread jack, just wanted to post a thought to the OP since he mentioned BMW as an option.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

The 2.8 is pretty finicky when it comes to coils. Taliaferro has an aftermarket coil that's supposedly more resilient than the OEM stuff, which is what I put in my wifes car. 30k miles later and not a single issue, at about 50-60% less than the OE stuff. Swapping the coils yourself isn't a huge deal, just have to be careful with the lines that are mounted to the firewall and to brackets on the rear cylinder head - they can get brittle due to the ridiculous heat the 2.8 puts out (with the turbo right up top). Plugs may also be giving you problems - be certain they are the OE-spec called for in the 2.8, can't remember the code off the top of my head.

To comment on the 2.8 in general, it's nothing like the old 2.5 or 3.0. It's a great motor that makes really solid power even bone stock, and it's generally just as reliable as any B2x motor with the right care. I'd still rather have a 2.3, but eh.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:49 PM   #10
SAABeginner

I am having the same issues and have saab parts. Now I am going to look into ani splits or or wire wear, this they say to do and also jiggle wires and connection points. My codes don't come up all the time. Sometimes I can start up run shut down and nothing. Then A few days go by and it will show the cel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coil packs, engine light, help!, spark plugs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in