Newbie with an issue right out of the box. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Newbie with an issue right out of the box.

Hi guys/gals

I have a 2007 Aero vert. Love the car. Really good looking car with the top up and even better with the top down.

Recently the horn has changed tones. It now make a little toot sound instead of the usual loud European sound. I ordered the part from the jaguar dealer that took over the Saab service in MARCH and it just came in last week. I actually bough one new in the box on eBay for $50 less than the dealer.

I'm trying to install it and can't find the darn horn on the car. It's in the front passenger area somewhere. Took the air box out. Started on the headlight too and realized it must be gotten to from below. Am I going in the right direction?

The replacement one that is VIN specific is one piece vs the two separate ones the car has now.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Elder

Welcome.

I believe you have to remove the front bumper cover to get to the horns.

You might be able to get to them just by removing the headlights, I honestly don't remember, but removing the bumper cover is pretty easy.

Like 5 plastic button clips on top of the grille, 3 torx screws in the front of each wheel well, then you pull the back corners of the bumper cover straight outward towards you (as in pull them directly sideways from the centerline of the car) and they snap out of their retaining clips under the headlights. I usually leave all the foglights and headlamp washers connected, and just let it hang down on the ground. Should give you enough room to find the horns.

I think they sit right on top of the bumper beam.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.

Last edited by DrewP; 09-17-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
SAABeginner

Thank you for the reply.

I did get the job done this AM. I removed the front passenger tire, and the underside black plastic splash guard in the wheel well. I could then reach up and remove the one nut holding it on. Easy swap actually once I had a clear plan of attack.

Thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewP View Post
Welcome.

I believe you have to remove the front bumper cover to get to the horns.

You might be able to get to them just by removing the headlights, I honestly don't remember, but removing the bumper cover is pretty easy.

Like 5 plastic button clips on top of the grille, 3 torx screws in the front of each wheel well, then you pull the back corners of the bumper cover straight outward towards you (as in pull them directly sideways from the centerline of the car) and they snap out of their retaining clips under the headlights. I usually leave all the foglights and headlamp washers connected, and just let it hang down on the ground. Should give you enough room to find the horns.

I think they sit right on top of the bumper beam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in