Whoops! Bought another GM Saab... Black Turbo inside! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Elder

Whoops! Bought another GM Saab... Black Turbo inside!

2008 Turbo X SportCombi. Girl version. 46k miles. No accidents, no stories, like new condition. Still has a sliver of a warranty left.

Has a few extras: Dealer installed Bluetooth kit (2008 cars had Gen 7 OnStar which didn't allow for bluetooth phone connections), optional Bose subwoofer (this replaces the spare tire - there is a whopping sub where the spare tire is supposed to be), and NIB roof racks which I am not going to install. Also tinted windows which I appreciate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.

Last edited by IronJoe; 12-31-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Elder

Congrats!

(I wish GM would buyout Saab again, those were good cars)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
2008 Turbo X SportCombi. Girl version. 46k miles. No accidents, no stories, like new condition. Still has a sliver of a warranty left.
Dealer installed Bluetooth kit (2008 cars had Gen 7 OnStar which didn't allow for bluetooth phone connections),
Sounds exactly like my dads TurboX...but never drives it, it has less then 20K miles on it. Yeah.

More info on the bluetooth would be much appreciated. We've gone through alot of hassel to try and find a good looking aftermaket one (Parrot), but none of them are exceptional.

I didnt know it was a dealer option. Any more info?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Id hi-five the the chick that drives that......
Old 01-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
Elder

Sharp car. How much does something like that cost? I wouldn't mind one of the scarce 9-3X's with the 4 cyl, 6 speed, body mouldings and the lift. I see a few around here, give it a few years and maybe they'll be mine
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
SAABeginner

Congrats...
I just love that sound from that exhaust combined with that engine....
Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Nice! Sell me the wheels.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
Elder

Dan - it's a Parrot kit that somehow integrates with the Saab radio and stuff. I believe Parrot sold a harness that allowed that hookup - the only bummer is that it doesn't work with the factory radio controls

Is your dads car a Nav HU?

Nick, I paid $18.5k which I think was pretty fair for the mileage, warranty, etc.

Question for those who might know - this car has the Bose subwoofer in place of the spare tire. Was that standard on the Turbo X? Previous owner seemed to think it was an option.

Also this car has the smartslot cupholder but due to the extra bolstering on the sport seats, it really doesn't have enough space to function properly. Kinda funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Nice! Sell me the wheels.
Serious? If I can get a set of the optional 19" Turbo X wheels that North America didn't get, you can buy these off me.

Quote:

Last edited by IronJoe; 01-01-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Dan - it's a Parrot kit that somehow integrates with the Saab radio and stuff. I believe Parrot sold a harness that allowed that hookup - the only bummer is that it doesn't work with the factory radio controls

Nick, I paid $18.5k which I think was pretty fair for the mileage, warranty, etc.

Question for those who might know - this car has the Bose subwoofer in place of the spare tire. Was that standard on the Turbo X? Previous owner seemed to think it was an option.

Also this car has the smartslot cupholder but due to the extra bolstering on the sport seats, it really doesn't have enough space to function properly. Kinda funny.

Serious? If I can get a set of the optional 19" Turbo X wheels that North America didn't get, you can buy these off me.
Me likey the 19's. I wonder if you could find them by stalking ebay.uk.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #10
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
My wifes 08 aero wagon is an 'all the boxes checked' car (nav, bose, etc). She has a sub that fits inside the spare wheel, as in there's this plastic form-molded shell with a 6- or 8-inch sub in it, that fits inside the steel donut rim under the rear cargo deck. Actually hits pretty hard for a Bose system.

Nice car overall - I've dealt with most of the minor 2.8 issues with my wifes already, so let me know if you have any problems with yours.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #11
Elder

Thanks - after some reading, I think I get it now. The Bose subwoofer is meant to fit into the spare tire, but the Turbo X never came with a spare tire due to brake clearance issues, instead it comes with the quick-inflate kit.

Had a nice drive in this morning! Roads were frosted/icy in spots. Very cool to feel the power transfer in those situations.

Quote:

Last edited by IronJoe; 01-02-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #12
Site Moderator

Hot.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Thanks - after some reading, I think I get it now. The Bose subwoofer is meant to fit into the spare tire, but the Turbo X never came with a spare tire due to brake clearance issues, instead it comes with the quick-inflate kit.

Had a nice drive in this morning! Roads were frosted/icy in spots. Very cool to feel the power transfer in those situations.

We had 3" of snow, an inch of ice and then another 3" of snow. My John Deere was not ready to deal with it so I kind of said F-it. I have been very impressed to see our XWD 9-3 get up and down the driveway(210ft long and a steep hill) with no issue. Our XWD does not have the trick diff that your TX has either.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
Elder

I thought the newer XWD cars came with eLSD standard?

Quote:
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #15
Elder

Quote:
I thought the newer XWD cars came with eLSD standard?
I could be wrong, but I thought only Aero(option) and TX(standard) had the eLSD.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:

Nope just the Bose+shitty GM radio.

You wouldnt happen to have the pn/model names for the parrot kit?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #17
Elder

Awsome car and purchase. Love the Darth Vader look of those cars. Congrats and enjoy
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #18
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
good kill!!!

I didn't eralize they were so "inexpensive" now.
(that's the price of a 06 Aero 'vert in some cases)
Weren't they ~50k originally?

gotta love the saab resale!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #19
Elder

Snapped some pics of the interior.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #20
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Looking pimp baller sexy

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in