problems after jump start - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
SAABeginner

problems after jump start

2003 saab 9-3 vector

Well I knew my battery was taking a dive and it got down to -5 last night so needless to say it was dead this morning... tried jump starting it, wouldn't go... threw the charger on it, waited for a bit and fired it up...

Nooowww... I turn the radio on and the only sound comes out of the front right door speaker... and all it is is a very high pitch of whatever is playing on the radio with a lot of squiggles...

Checked all fuses... nothing is bad... pressed the on star button, that all comes through flawlessly!!! Any suggestions??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
SAABeginner

Anyone??? ICM or AMP1? Thinking amp if all my displays still work fine, just not getting any sound other than distorted crap out passenger front door... and my blinker noise is fine
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Have you installed a new battery?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Elder

Could conceivably be anything in the audio system loop, in addition to AMP1 and ICM the EHU (electronic head unit, it's stacked on top of the CD player/changer behind the climate control panel) sometimes goes bad too.

But - usually when any of those goes bad everything stops working and you get no sound at all. New battery and try re-setting everything like SPG-GASM suggested. At the very least, shut the car off, wait at least a minute, then disconnect the battery terminals and touch the + and (-) cables to each other to discharge all the computer modules. Then re-connect the battery and see if it's any different.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
SAABeginner

Yeah new battery... I've left the battery cables off over night in hopes something would reset, nothing happened... but I didn't touch the cables together. Any other resets I can try?

I spent a good three hours last night trying to search for causes online but none fit mine exactly, especially since my turn signal sound still works.

Anything else I can check? Thanks
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Elder

Not really, time to get it to a shop with a Tech2 and see if they can tell what might actually be fried.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
SAABeginner

Disconnected battery... touched both cables to a steel pry bar... no change.. curious, if amp controls door speakers and center speaker.. why do they replace it if a person isn't getting indicator sounds out of the left DASH speaker.. that's where my indicators are?

Still only have noise... yes, noise, nothing good, out of the right front door speaker
Old 12-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
SAABeginner

How would they know? Will the tech2 just not be able to communicate with it? I live a good three hours from any dealer that will actually know how to work on a gm other than a chevy so I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I just bring it to someone around here.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
Elder

If something is fried completely it won't communicate, but it sounds like yours is doing something inbetween. Not something I have seen before, probably why you haven't found anyone post with similar symptoms.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #10
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

pretty sure if you check the owner's manual they list a handful of fuses to pull before you jump start (almost all related to audio system). Not much help now though

Also pretty sure you've cooked amp 1
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
SAABeginner

Was just curious what unit would be the more probable cause? The amp1 since all my displays and stuff still work??
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
SAABeginner

Where can I get a new amp? I can't find one anywhere... and this wasyl guy from saabradio just seems shady and I haven't heard much good stuff in my searches... until I can find one, does anyone know where I can go to get some sort of bypass to maybe just plug in? I don't think I'm smart enough to figure the bypass out on my own and make it work lol
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriks1 View Post
pretty sure if you check the owner's manual they list a handful of fuses to pull before you jump start (almost all related to audio system). Not much help now though

Also pretty sure you've cooked amp 1
you need to be careful jump starting these. you can easily fry lots of things.

in this case it sounds like you toasted part of the amp. onstar doesnt go through the amp which is why it works fine.

grab the part number and go to ebay or SAABPARTSUSA.COM they should have it
Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #14
TSLMember

hey check this site out:

Bus and diagnostics communication - Saab 9-3 (2003-2006)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
SAABeginner

Finally took my amp out today and found white ooz coming from one of the capacitors, I see someone else had the same problem,? Replaced the capacitor but never updated if it worked or not... I don't mind sending it in and getting refurbished unless its not the problem. I guess I'm confused why my blinker noises still work as when every other amp I see fried on Google, all the warning sounds go away too. Does anyone else have feedback? Send er in and get refurbished or could it be something else thBns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in