I just got a new Saab and i have a few issues - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
SAABeginner

I just got a new Saab and i have a few issues

I have a couple issues I am trying to fix. This is my first Saab 03 saab 9-3 linear.

Issues that I am trying to get working.

1. When my alarm goes off, all i get is lights and no horn. I have never heard of that, but my horn does work when i push it.

2. My fog lights are there but neither of my front ones work, my rear ones work fine.

3. My airbag sensor is going off, and i looked under the chair and i see on both sides that the black box is disconnected from those two screws, but is that where they go? I don't know how it is supposed to look. Can i get a picture or a video showing me what i'm supposed to do? Thanks a lot.

4. My E-brake works, but my e-brake light doesn't turn on, What is going on?

Thanks a lot guys!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

1. the horn doesnt sound on these during lock or unlock unless set that way from the TechII. if you push and hold the little button on the remote that looks like a dash the alarm will sound with horn. just not during lock or unlock.

2. first things, first. have you checked the bulbs? start small and work your way up.

3. airbag issues could be anything. have the codes read and then go from there. the most common on those were the CIM's or Column Integrated Module which is a unit mounted on the column just behind the steering wheel. this does a host of things, including receiving singal from your remote, reading steering angle, and acting as your steering clock spring.

4. most likely a sensor under the handle is disconnected or just not working any longer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
SAABeginner

Thanks a lot man! well that's the thing I push that button on the remote and the lights go off but no sound, weirdest thing ever, but I will have to find someone with a tech 2 device.

Well I will have to do that with the lights, the thing is the fog light symbol doesn't even show up on my dash board. but i'll check the bulb, and the fuses, there are so many that say fog lights i don't know which ones actually control the light.

To get to that E brake sensor? Is that just under the panel of the e brake?

I guess i have to take it apart and check it out.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenZero View Post
Well I will have to do that with the lights, the thing is the fog light symbol doesn't even show up on my dash board. but i'll check the bulb, and the fuses, there are so many that say fog lights i don't know which ones actually control the light.
when the bulbs are blown it wont show the light on the dash. once you have them replaced and work the dash symbol will come on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in