My new(to me)SportCombi, just showing her off - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Talking My new(to me)SportCombi, just showing her off

Bought just yesterday from an awesome member of our community/forum. Spent the rest of yesterday and most of the day today cleaning her up. I've already placed an order with Genuine Saab for the down&mid pipe, air intake, some shifter upgrades and will be speaking with JZW soon to take her to stage 3. I'm already in love with this car! Just needs a bit more kick... All of the maintenance is up to date, is there anything I should pay special attention to before the stage 3 upgrade? I'm new to the new 9-3's....she's a 2006/6spd,52,xxx miles.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Was this NahumCC's? Looks great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-5 Arc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to DanF.
Pretty.

I want a wagon.
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold

Old 07-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #4
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
Nice!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
Was this NahumCC's? Looks great!
Yes

I'm glad its in a good home though which is all that matters..........Looking forward to watching it get more power which I wasn't able (allowed by the better half).

This is now the third TSL member to own this wagon for a bit of trivia .

However Moose getting my 06 may lead to this for my wife............07 Sport Combi Aero in the right location and price to be picked up. My fingers are crossed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NahumCC; 07-29-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #6

^Pretty!

Also, Indiana plates? Seems like more and more nice Saab's are making it into this state!

2003 9-5 Arc
Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
^Pretty!

Also, Indiana plates? Seems like more and more nice Saab's are making it into this state!
Indiana plate yes but I live in Virginia Beach.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #8

Very nice Nahum, I hope it works out!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
Very Nice!
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #10
Elder

The 2.8 V6 is due for plugs at 60k, along with the various filters if they are due as well.

It's not too bad doing plugs, but it's not a 4cyl SAAB type job either.

Use the A/C regularly to keep oil circulating through the compressor. You don't want to replace one of these on this engine.

Nice car!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
The 2.8 V6 is due for plugs at 60k, along with the various filters if they are due as well.

It's not too bad doing plugs, but it's not a 4cyl SAAB type job either.

Use the A/C regularly to keep oil circulating through the compressor. You don't want to replace one of these on this engine.

Nice car!
Thanks for the info, plugs and filters on the way....the a/c gets plenty of use here in the armpit of the south, no problems there! Had the windows tinted already and it looks really sharp.

Last edited by Moosepuck; 08-03-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
Elder

Looks great. Hit me up first when the time comes.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Looks great. Hit me up first when the time comes.
Of course...! I'm hoping this one will satisfy my needs longer than all of the 40 or so other cars I've had....! I've wanted that for all of them though, I've got to be getting my needs list narrowed down by now though.

Last edited by Moosepuck; 08-03-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #14

You may want to consider doing the coils at the same time, at least on the rear 3. Job took me about 1.5 hours on my wifes car for all 6 - really not as big a deal as it's made out to be, so long as you're careful and don't break anything. If the trans hasn't been serviced, might as well do that too - again, relatively simple job but you'll need the correct spec fluid (AW-1 for the AisinWarner 6spd, not the 3309 like the others), a 12mm allen for the drain, and the battery tray has to be removed to get to the fill plug.

Nice car, interested to hear how it handles extra power/reacts to bolt ons!

Old 08-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo00 View Post
You may want to consider doing the coils at the same time, at least on the rear 3. Job took me about 1.5 hours on my wifes car for all 6 - really not as big a deal as it's made out to be, so long as you're careful and don't break anything. If the trans hasn't been serviced, might as well do that too - again, relatively simple job but you'll need the correct spec fluid (AW-1 for the AisinWarner 6spd, not the 3309 like the others), a 12mm allen for the drain, and the battery tray has to be removed to get to the fill plug.

Nice car, interested to hear how it handles extra power/reacts to bolt ons!
Great idea! Thank you, I just ordered up a few more coil packs as I had only ordered 2 for spares. I'll do the plugs and coils on the back too and see how the rest hang in.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:36 AM   #16
Avid TSL User

You have to put a timing belt in her at 60000 miles along with (at least most people do it since the stuff is already off) water pump and pulleys. About 1200.00 if you dont do it yourself.
Good luck.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #17

B284 (2.8T) is a timing chain car, certainly does not require a 60k mile change. I have heard of water pumps going bad before 100k, but it's not THAT common.

Maybe you're talking about the serpentine belt? That's a royal PITA job, have to remove the passenger side motor mount and lower the engine a bit. Delaying it on my wife's 08.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #18

After doing the downpipe, midpipe and intercooler recently, I've had been plenty of thoughts looking at some of the general maintenance items, this might be a car that I actually take to a trusted local shop to do things like the plugs and serp belt when the need arises. I'm getting lazier as the years go by. Stage 3 tune this week!

edit: btw, Is there something common within the front suspension that wears quickly? I have a popping noise that I can reproduce while shaking the car side to side, had the wife shake it while I was underneath and I couldn't find it, from the noise location, it looks like the sway bar is a possibility, but from what I can see, the bushings look good.... I hear it on small bumps at slow speeds.

Last edited by Moosepuck; 08-20-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Q
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in