How many of mine were made? Seems somewhat rare??? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
SAABeginner

How many of mine were made? Seems somewhat rare???

Does anyone know how to find out how many of a particular model were made? A Saab rep said he'd get back to me, but hasn't yet. The car in question is a 2009 9-3 Aero Sedan w/a 2.8L V6 Turbo engine. It's XWD and has a manual 6-speed transmission. It's Snow Silver (no big deal there!). Thoughts? Suggestions on where to look for the info? Every time I go anywhere that's Saab-friendly, people tell me they've never seen such a thing. As flattering as their attention is, I'm having trouble believing that it's THAT rare. I'm just really, really curious. Thanks in advance for any input or comments.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
SAABeginner

On a total side-note, my husband drives a 2009 Dodge Challenger, and he is constantly stopped and asked about it. People actually hang out their windows to shout at him (and it's not even an RT!). Fun Fact: Dodge made more Challengers in 2009 (25,852) than Saab's TOTAL WORLD PRODUCTION (20,905) the same year. How ironic is that???

Last edited by TijerasGirl; 07-19-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
TSLMember

Better yet, you probably have the 280 horse motor instead of the 255.

Same engine as in the Turbo X.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 8valvegrowl
I'm certain that's relatively rare, especially being a manual. I've seen one of that exact configuration, but not in silver. And here in the Northeast, SAABs are more prevalent than most areas of the country.

As for finding the production information for that exact model, my guess is SAAB USA is the only place to get the figures.

SAABS United reports that in '09 SAAB sold a total of 8681 cars in the USA. Figure that approximately half of those were 9-3 sedans, so ~4000. Of those, maybe half were Aeros, so ~2000, of those maybe half were manuals, so perhaps ~1000. But, this is just a WAG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 8valvegrowl; 07-20-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebit View Post
Better yet, you probably have the 280 horse motor instead of the 255.

Same engine as in the Turbo X.
Yes, I do have the 280hp engine
Old 07-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8valvegrowl View Post
I'm certain that's relatively rare, especially being a manual. I've seen one of that exact configuration, but not in silver. And here in the Northeast, SAABs are more prevalent than most areas of the country.

As for finding the production information for that exact model, my guess is SAAB USA is the only place to get the figures.

SAABS United reports that in '09 SAAB sold a total of 8681 cars in the USA. Figure that approximately half of those were 9-3 sedans, so ~4000. Of those, maybe half were Aeros, so ~2000, of those maybe half were manuals, so perhaps ~1000. But, this is just a WAG.
Thanks so much for that USA sales figure (and your WAGuesses). Around here SAAB's are like four-leaf clovers - u can find them, but u gotta really look! The local dealership (the only one in the entire state) has 9 for sale - and only two of those are new (lol)

Last edited by TijerasGirl; 07-20-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
Site Moderator

Where are you?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say......New Mexico.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
SAABeginner

Yep!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Cool info, I have been meaning to call saab and get productions figures for my wagon.

And even tho I work across the street from a saab only dealership, I had to get mine from Pennsylvania for the 5 speed manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
Site Moderator

Nice. Having spent some time in CO, I've driven across your state a couple of times. Enchantment my arse, it should be renamed The Dusty and Windy State.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #12
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek's Turbos View Post
Cool info, I have been meaning to call saab and get productions figures for my wagon.

And even tho I work across the street from a saab only dealership, I had to get mine from Pennsylvania for the 5 speed manual.
I got you beat there: I flew to Minnesota to pick mine up:CarGal:
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
Nice. Having spent some time in CO, I've driven across your state a couple of times. Enchantment my arse, it should be renamed The Dusty and Windy State.
No doubt! I'll be sure and suggest that to them the next time they redesign license plates - LOL!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8valvegrowl View Post

you're pretty spot on except that there only about 1000 9-5's in 09 and about 1/3 of the 9-3's were Aero.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
SAABeginner

So, Moonracer, if we start breaking down 8valvegrowl's numbers even further, taking into account the 6 vs. 4 cylinder, and the xwd - we're down to the low 100's do you think?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TijerasGirl View Post
I got you beat there: I flew to Minnesota to pick mine up
I've got you both beat, flew to Connecticut for my vert.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #17
Avid TSL User

Not to thread-hijack here, but I've always wondered the same thing about my '03 9-3 Black Vector 6-Speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 9-3 Vector
Old 07-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #18
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
I've got you both beat, flew to Connecticut for my vert.
Can't touch that!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #19
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
Not to thread-hijack here, but I've always wondered the same thing about my '03 9-3 Black Vector 6-Speed.
Right??? There should be a database online or something.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #20
SAABeginner

P.S. Hot car!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in