04 Linear SS - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

04 Linear SS

2004 Saab 9-3 **WHOLESALE!**

Found this today while looking for a replacement for my totaled 99 vert. I definitely need a sedan and this is looking really nice. Problem is, I don't know a lot about the newer ones. Since it says it's not been inspected, I'm a little concerned about it. Thinking about maybe going over there tomorrow and taking it for a spin. What should I look for on it, good and bad?

Kinda hesitant about it being a Linear and less HP than my 99. Does it make up for that in gear ratio or anything? Also seeing a lot of complaints on Edmunds about electrical issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Nice. Run the carfax on it and ask why it's being wholesaled and sold "as is" with no warranty. You should at least be getting a 30 day warranty or something. Price is "so-so"

'00 VigVert- Nirvana
'00 9-3SE DD
2013 Silverado Z71 4WD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 9000Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead View Post
2004 Saab 9-3 **WHOLESALE!**

Found this today while looking for a replacement for my totaled 99 vert. I definitely need a sedan and this is looking really nice. Problem is, I don't know a lot about the newer ones. Since it says it's not been inspected, I'm a little concerned about it. Thinking about maybe going over there tomorrow and taking it for a spin. What should I look for on it, good and bad?

Kinda hesitant about it being a Linear and less HP than my 99. Does it make up for that in gear ratio or anything? Also seeing a lot of complaints on Edmunds about electrical issues.
RUN AWAY FROM THAT CAR! $7k is WAY to much! You can realistically buy a 9-3 Vector/Aero for nearly that money. I wouldn't touch a linear for that amount of cash as they can be found all over craigslist for 4500-6000. If I were you, I would search through more classifieds or spend less, buy a nice daily driver 99-02 9-3 for $2500, and wait for prices to go down. Whatever you do, just make sure you do your due diligence through carfax reports, thorough test drives, and detailed inspections.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 9-3 Aero 6mt
2005 9-3 Aero auto (wife's ride!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Price is high. I sold nearly the identical car in much better shape for about $5600 one year ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Linear Sport Sedans really do feel lacking...I personally wouldn't go for one.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
The NG 9-3's need at least the 210 HP engine to "feel fast" Also I agree, that's aero money.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
Formerly working at a dealership, and still being in the car business I don't think it's that bad of a price really. It has good miles for being a 2004, and if it's in decent shape I have no idea why anyone would "run" from it. It's hard to find a nice well taken care of vehicle.

Why's it being offered "wholesale to the public"... Well that should be a given, it's at a Mercedes Benz store. They probably don't normally stock such "high mileage" and "older" vehicles and just so happen to take one in on trade that they figure they could hype up with the fact that it's "wholesale to the public". The next stop for this one will probably be the auction, and they figured they could try to retail it before they send it.

If I were you I'd have a look at it... If you like it, take it to a mechanic and see if anything is wrong with it. If not, I personally think it sounds like a decent deal as long as it's in good shape.
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

The dealer is still making money on that car. We took in a 2004 Espresso Black Metallic 9-3 Linear Automatic with 84k miles on it. Super clean, one owner, and all the service records form the dealer. Had a new block put in it at 40k miles because of the "porosity issue"

We gave the people who traded it in $4500. I picked it up for the Mrs. for $5000. Not a bad little car, lots of potential, and I'm surprised at how quick the little automatic is.

Wholesale on that car should be around $5300.

When in doubt - Give more Gas

2003 9-5 SportCombi
Old 01-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Threadjacking here briefly...

Johnny, how long does a car have to sit on the lot at your dealership before you start discounting the price?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Depends on the car..... Standing order on ALL SAABs is that they go right to the mill, we don't retail them.

Any other retail unit will go up for our asking price, usually about $3000-$4000 more than we traded it for. after 60 days if they can't unload it for what we paid for it, it goes to the mill by day 75.

When in doubt - Give more Gas

2003 9-5 SportCombi
Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Interesting, interesting. I'm looking at some used Saab cars online that have sat at the dealership for months. One is going on 9 months!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in