05 Aero Vs. 06 2.0T - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: which is the better car?
05 Aero (210HP) 2 50.00%
06 2.0T (210HP) 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

05 Aero Vs. 06 2.0T

So we are shopping for a new ride for my wife. I want to get a Saab for safety reasons as we have 2 young kids.

We are interested on the 4cyl Turbo 210HP as it has plenty of power and is good on gas.

The 05 Aero and 06 2.0T have the same engine but the Aero has a better trim level I guess. 06 has a nicer dash, less buttons.....

What is the better car not involving price and mileage?

Are the 07 2T a step up over both? The price goes up but the mileage comes down....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Avid TSL User

2005 Aero and 2006 2.0T wont have the same engine. 2005 Aero has the 2.8T 6cyl 250hp engine and the non-areo will have th 2.0t 4cyl. If you are going for gas mileage I would pick the 2.0. The dash will be the same in both but the non-areo will not have some of the fun sporty touches that the areo does have. The 2007 2.0t has a revised dash and looses the buttons in place of dial knobs and a radio unit from the GM parts bin.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ohlins8990 Send a message via Yahoo to ohlins8990
The V6 didnt come out until 2006.

If it were me...it'd probably come down to which one drove better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
The 07+ cars that got the Cadillac interior treatment is a catch 22, the whole dash layout is a little too GM'y for many peoples taste and it loses the SID in favor of an instrument cluster unit but it is a huge improvement in terms of rattles and squeaks. I've only been in one other SS for any length of time, an '04 or so I think, and my mom's '08 blows it away in quiet and comfort. I had to drive it down about 3 and a half hours from NY one day and it amazed me how quiet it was driving at 80mph. Granted, I'm used to a screaming loud c900, but I was very impressed with the sound deadening they put in the newer cars. I would just have your wife drive them both and see what she likes, most likely the trim options aren't too different between the two and you could always switch things around if she doesn't like a particular part of the non Aero.
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Old 04-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
Elder

2007 9-3 2.0T is my choice of a Sport Combi - 6 speed manual available with 4cylinder T
You get the NON-fiber optic entertainment system and optional BOSE sound system (premium package) And it looks like an 06' outside and like an 08' inside. Best of both worlds I say.

2005 - last of the nice looking 9-5 IMHO Anything AFTER rattles like crazy and was all GM-afied inside & out.

Two completely different beasts mind you - it's all about what you are wanting and need.
for your repair needs
Old 04-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
I personally like the '07 2.0T with the anniversary package. It has the nice wheels and Aero like seats. It's also the last year before the refresh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in