reliablity - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
SAABeginner

reliablity

considering the new 9-3 sportcombi for my next vehicle ( maybe the more if they come out with xwd) anyways wondering if people here could give me an honest opinion about reliablity of the car i currently drive a forester xt ( sti suspension and a couple other goodies installed under the hood) reliablity has been rock hard on the vehicle and no rela complaints. just looking for mor of the same
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 12:36 PM   #2
Trollerator
Elder

I dont' know as much about these newer 9-3, but I would suggest you avoid the first few years of prodution, they had some issues that had not been fully sorted out yet. I seem to remember hearing about, for example, on earlier runs there was a big transmission problem that showed up on these cars.

that said, I was at the local dealer pickup up some parts and asked the guys how it was going, and one of the guys said it was slow. I thought he meant the economy but he said, "nobody has been coming in to get them fixed lately, the cars are getting better" or something along those lines.

so, pretty interesting to hear.

I think the 9-3 recently got a better rating than a BMW 3 series too, but don't quote me on that, I forgot where I think I saw that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
We love our 07 9-3 sport combi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^

Old 02-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Probably stay away from the first couple years of production as abdukted said. Saabs have been climbing in the ranks on reviews. I've heard good things about the reliability of GM in general in the past couple years.

'04 9-3 Aero
Old 02-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
Thus far our '04 Arc Convertible has been good, no issues as of yet... Knock on wood... We've put 13k on it since we purchased it this past October (25th, 07 lol), so the car now has 60k miles on it.
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
SAABeginner

thats cool i am probably gonna by new or certified preowned i prefer the newer 08 version i am probalby about another year out before i comit to a new car and it has to be a wagon i would get another forester xt turbo but for year 09 they are coming only in auto so deciding to find somthing different and unique
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
SAABeginner

anyone else can comment on Saab/GM reliablity on later model cars as of late I am thinking of going for the turbo 4 versus the turbo 6 mainly cause of money also not sure if i will get one with the xwd system that they are comingout with
Old 03-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to soggy
I own an '04, and I know a few people with '03s. The 2003 models have a LOT of problems, I wouldn't touch one or an early year 2004. I bought mine with a few weeks left in 2004 and it's been great. It hasn't been without its flaws of course, but I've still been very happy with it.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomee View Post
anyone else can comment on Saab/GM reliablity on later model cars as of late I am thinking of going for the turbo 4 versus the turbo 6 mainly cause of money also not sure if i will get one with the xwd system that they are comingout with

An honest opinion, sorry if i offend anyone.

That being said, I will never buy another saab. I've had so many ridiculous problems with this car. I bought my 2004 9-3ss Linear a year ago with 22,000 miles on it for $14,900 plus tax and whatnot. I think I ended up financing almost $15,900.

The car was nice for about a month, and then so many stupid problems arose. Radio stopped working multiple times, there was an exhaust leak, the diverter valve then broke somehow. Not to mention the display screen stopped working once as well. There was a string of random check engine lights, and the car would go into limp mode. Then the gascap wouldnt stay tight and kept throwing a check engine light, they ended determining the filler neck was bad.

Now there is a god awful vibration coming from the motor and it feels like a major loss of power. I'm also only getting 25 mpg now. The car now has 43,000 miles on it.

With so many things that went wrong, I was scared to keep it any longer so I tried trading it in. With 43,000 miles on it I was only offered $8500 from the very same Saab/cadillac/hummer dealership I bought it from. $8500!!! Are you serious? So now since i still owe around $13,000 on it Im pretty much stuck with the POS.

I would highly recommend staying with your subaru or some other japanese car.

Cliff notes:

-Dont buy a 9-3ss
-Shitty craftsmanship
-extremely poor resale value
-hard to find parts
-I've had terrible service from the dealer ship even though my car was pre-certified from them with a 100,000 miles warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in