B207R info - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Boosted Shoe Send a message via MSN to Boosted Shoe Send a message via Yahoo to Boosted Shoe
B207R info

I was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable with the saab ecotec motors and their transmissions. I need to know if the B207R high pressure motor is the same as the cobalt SS LSJ. The reason i ask is the LSJ has oil squirters from the factory along with forged internals, and the b207r is incredibly similar since its a high output boosted motor and a 2.0 litre. I'm looking to put a b207r in my GT3 car i'm building. I'm also curious if the 5 and 6 speed transmissions ever came with an lsd option for these engines. Please get back to me asap, i'm gonna start building this car pretty soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
Saab never had an LSD. However, the cobalt and ion both had a sport package that included an LSD. The Saab and those car's trannys are the same as far as I know otherwise.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Boosted Shoe Send a message via MSN to Boosted Shoe Send a message via Yahoo to Boosted Shoe
well even if the transmissions werent the same it'll end up in a j-body which did come with the ecotec motors so i can make something work, just wanted to know if the 6-speed had an lsd. Would anyone happen to know if the b207's ever had oil squirters in them?? I'm looking to make this a dry sump car as well
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:59 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Every saab turbo motor used to my knowledge since the b2x4 series motors have had oil skirters to cool the pistons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #5

Awesome that's all i needed to know, the B207R and the LSJ cobalt ss engine are pretty much exactly the same engine, both built on the same platform, both had oil squirters the only differences may lie in the head and compression ratios, which doesn't much matter since it'll be an N/A high compression engine, and i believe the heads are the same since the valve covers are exactly the same as the LSJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in