The First MY2008s have arrived... - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #21
Elder

True. I was just wanting to be an ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #22
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
Your 9-3 has nice looking wheels, a spoiler, and an exhaust. Im just saying wait till you see one all dressed up, most base model Saab's have been fairly bland looking. Imagine your car with the nearly identical wheels that some Linears came with and it would not look nearly as nice.
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #23
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to SaabDriver87
Even that Titan Gray Aero was nothing special, I mean, left over 60th Anniversary wheels and no spoiler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #24
Elder

I am also assuming that they have shipping blocks in the suspension and that is why they all appear to have a lot of wheel gap?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:19 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to SaabDriver87
Yeah, they still have the spacers in place. Those will get pulled out, the brake covers removed and the rest of the plastic peeled off tomorrow when we PDI them. They want all four up on the showroom floor by the afternoon so I'll get some better pictures then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #26
Elder

Cool.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:37 PM   #27
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to soggy
THOSE wheels suck, but saab should have some good wheels coming out. Also the FWD Aero I think is only 260 still, the XWD which ships in January is supposed to have the boosted horsepower figures.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #28
Editor
Elder

I think the last gen 9-3SS's profile is MUCH better than new. Same goes for the taillights. Japanese-looking junk.

PS, Chris, your car looks great!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to moose
Car looks hot in front, but what is up with those wheels. Slap the designer in the face who ever came up with that shit.

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #30
Elder

They look like the snow tire package Saab has been offering for a number of years.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #31

Send a message via AIM to moose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
They look like the snow tire package Saab has been offering for a number of years.
why would they put that on the very first cars they send out. you think they would try and make it as flashy as possible?

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #32
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Because winter is coming up in the new england area and the cars will be more attractive from a buyer standpoint if they have winter tires on to begin with...............to a degree.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #33
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
why would they put that on the very first cars they send out. you think they would try and make it as flashy as possible?
No idea, just like they showed the people at SOC the base model with those same wheels. Rather dissapointing.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:26 AM   #34
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NahumCC View Post
Because winter is coming up in the new england area and the cars will be more attractive from a buyer standpoint if they have winter tires on to begin with...............to a degree.
You'd think they'd offer XWD in the fall instead of spring to get people on the AWD "benefits" earlier.

Guess we all can't think rationally.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #35
Elder

My guess is that the "new" 9-3 doesn't sell any better than the current 9-3. I still expect to see gratuitous price drops, etc. Even with the addition of XWD.

Oh and I certainly wouldn't want to own the first year of the XWD model.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #36
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Well your right in the assumption there but look at it from the manufacturing side.

1.) How long does it take to set up the assembly line and any extra machines to assemble the XWD 9-3
2.) How long does it take the supplier to gear up production os XWD unit
3.) Can the supplier have enough XWD units ready to meet a production goal by delivery time
4.) What is the market delivery goal for release (gross numbers delivered to dealer network for sale).

Theres lots that goes into it.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #37

Send a message via AIM to Saabotaged900T
I love the front! I also noticed about the rubbing strips, my friend bought a white 07 Monte Carlo SS, hated the fact about not having them, bought them from Chevy, and had them painted white and mounted. The rear really turns me off, and agreed something looks missing, but a picture says a thousand words, so I want to see one in person.

I also agree with Topher, I'd stay away from the first year, especially with a new drivetrain, nevermind cosmetic upgrade. Popular Mechanics has done an article on it, a'la Trollhattan Saab
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4223661.html
Old 09-21-2007, 10:42 AM   #38
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
vert looks good i think.
all of them need some textured rub strips, bigger wheels and some slammage. they look like 4x4's. skyjacker kit FTL!

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 09-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #39
Elder

Send a message via AIM to iwantaviggen
front end look mean as hell..
i think the rear will look even better when they start saying AWD somewhere...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #40
JK
Elder

The first thing I noticed when I saw the combi at SOC was the lack of rub strips - makes me want to gag.

Other than that, they look fine to me. Front end is very nice, but seriosuly, the rest of the car is just "fine."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in