New Rotors - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Send a message via MSN to GenuineSaab Send a message via Skype™ to GenuineSaab
New Rotors

My car needed new rear pads /rotors and with all the driving lately they have been on the metal for a couple days. So I whipped up some new pattern rotors this afternoon. The straight groves were a little plain. With the ramp at the ends it is an tricky spline rather than ramp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

2.0 GOOSE 500whp + 8500rpm = 11.06 @125 E85
Viggen 439whp / 447tq 12.43 @114 on Gt2871.64, (Now 511whp Gt3076)
Nordic E85 9-3 SS Aero 320hp / 350ftlbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Elder

Looks awesome, wish i had a CNC machine.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to spgproject
jesus man. you talk about creating a brand new brake rotor like i talk about making a damn grilled cheese sandwich. (which i'm quite good at i might add)

they look great. how well do they work? will they become part of your catalogue?

Old 02-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

Not sure about the pattern / direction but looks different.
They will probably be a catalog part once we run them for a bit and get some stock built up.

|
|

Old 02-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
HNNLIC
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to Blaque Send a message via AIM to Blaque Send a message via MSN to Blaque Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque
Wow... can't wait for these to be available.

“Brothers and sisters… and friends…and I see some enemies. In fact, I think we’d be fooling ourselves if we had an audience this large, and didn’t realize that there were.. some enemies present.” –Malcolm X

Old 02-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 90SPG
Wow that cnc machine looks incredible! What are the odds it could whip up some redrilled hubs for say...a c900?

Those brakes look great, thats awesome youre getting 9-3SS stuff out.
"A car with an image so immaculate it can hold confession and communion."
Old 02-09-2007, 03:32 PM   #7
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

With some seat time in the car driving it hard I have found a few places to improve it. There are some other cool parts on the car but we will talk about those when the time comes.

I really need to get on Hawk to get some HPS pads for these cars. They should have grip like factory, better heat resistance and lower dust. For now I hated to install stock pads.

On the c900 hubs you are better of using the cheap wheels that are available. 4 new hubs / bearings and all will be expensive in the limited numbers we need.

|
|

Old 02-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
How about grooving a set of 9000 brembo rotors?

I had your slotted ones on my 9-3 and really liked them.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
I really need to get on Hawk to get some HPS pads for these cars. They should have grip like factory, better heat resistance and lower dust. For now I hated to install stock pads.
Absolutely agreed...the HPS pads are pretty amazing. I ran the Porsche calipers with the OEM Textar pads for a little bit, then switched over to the Hawk HPS after a couple of days. The difference was amazing.
I think Hawk can do small-run custom pads for any config as long as you send them a stock pad. But I dunno about the pricing, though...
Old 02-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
TSLMember

sorry to go off topic but did u guys get any sets of the e-code front bumper strips for the 9-3 SS??
Old 02-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
holy shit i want!

^CLICK ME^
Old 02-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineSaab View Post
Not sure about the pattern / direction but looks different.
They will probably be a catalog part once we run them for a bit and get some stock built up.

LMFAO.........i'm sorry the brakes look nice but so small within those ch's.

You need these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bremb...ayphotohosting

It's a custom set for our 9-3 and 9-5. You should pick them up and put them on the viggen . Plus you could then copy the mounting brackets and produce that kit to offer along side the other big brake kit you got.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:00 AM   #13
Nick Taliaferro
Elder

These are the 11.5" vented rears.. Probably go with the 345mm Opel fronts. I also have a couple other ideas for larger front brakes on a budget For now we need lots more HP before the brakes are a problem.

I will probably do some for the 9000s and other applications that are not in the catalog.

Not sure on the strips. Mine came from the -03 linear shop car. Send an email to parts and I will look into it for you.

|
|

Old 02-10-2007, 07:03 AM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Its all good. I was just having some fun. I saw that kit pop up on ebay at the start of the week and seeing the pic of the ch's with the brakes remeinded me of it.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:19 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
How about grooving a set of 9000 brembo rotors?

x2! I'd buy those!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in