Code P0034 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > General New 9-3 Posts and Information

General New 9-3 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the new 9-3.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Lightbulb Code P0034

Hi, Couple of months back took the car to the garage, (Saab 93/08 reg)
They did a code read, it came up with the p0034 code which is a turbo charger circuit low. Months before it had an idle issue, i thought it a vacuum leak or something. They changed the sparks. This issue has returned though, so i doubt it actually was the plugs.

Back to the code. They cleaned the throttle body and cleared the code. The check engine light has returned. Can i ask whats the remedy for p0034 code?

Long winded apologies
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
SAABeginner

Had a 2001, 95 w/ V6 that had one P code after another. Almost as though someone shot the engine with a shot gun.

There are a couple of web pages that explain P codes. In my case, it was worth buying an OBD reader. OBD translates to On Board Diagnostics and has been used/required since model year 1996. The OBD reader, for me, was well worth the approx. $100. There are cheaper units and way more expensive readers. The range of functions ranges a lot between manufacturers and entry level to expert equipment level costing thousands. Do the research before buying.

As for my problems, the car sat outside in SW Florida sun and wasn't used for months. I believe all of the rubber, plastic and misc gasket materials took it on the cheek.

I ended up replacing a lot of the vacuum lines with new silicone lines. In some cases the line end was trimmed back and tube reapplied.

Replaced the fuel line pressure valve that maintains the fuel pressure at about 3 atmospheres if I remember right.

On this engine there was a thin short ~ 6" long vacuum line with attaching boots at either end. Replaced it with regular silicone tubing.

Spark plug selection and gapping is critical. Use NKG resistor plugs only.

If rough idle or operating problems (bad gas mileage) continues, have the oxygen / O2 sensors checked out. One or both may have failed.

Based on miles driven and quality of gas bought, the catalytic converters might be filled with crud.

I had a reoccurring problem with P0110 with a few others tossed in. Don't know if the 2 are related, but I could get it to go away and it would return. Sound familiar. Finally had the break master cylinder repaired and..... the problems (mostly) went away. It had a vacuum leak.

At one time a P0034 came up and I believe it was related to a vacuum leak. But, that was years ago and the problems were many.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-11-2019, 04:43 AM   #3
SAABeginner

Just found P0034 in the list I have. BTW, please use all digits, such as shown.
It is: P0034 Turbo Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit Low

Check the valve for function. Some parts can be cleaned and reattached.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in