Project Rolling Restoration - 85 900 turbo - Page 43 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #841
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
^Thanks! Need to get some pics updated.

Brought the car to MikeD on Saturday. We found about half dozen boost leaks! But they all got tightened up and the car immediately ran WAY better. Then he updated the software... and it's amazing. I knew T5 was good, just not this good. I had always kinda settled figuring it just was what it was, but turns out we were chasing boost leaks all these years. Car is running great, better than ever! In 3rd if feels like it wants to rip the tires off the road. We need to make one or two small tweaks to the tune, but she's pretty dialed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #842
Elder

Not sure who is still around, but keeping the thread/diary alive anyway.

85 came out of storage yesterday. Charged the battery, started right up first crank. Threw some air in the tires and took the old lady out for some supper last night. Car feels good as ever.

I did notice an exhaust leak, and today saw the tailpipe sitting crooked and came to realize it's rusted out at the rear of the muffler. So new Skandix/Simons system on the way from eEuro (fuck those guys and their shipping costs). Also got some new rear speakers on the way.

Need to make a plan to get the crank seal done.

Looking forward to lots of miles this summer!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:00 AM   #843
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Glad to hear this car is still alive!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:40 PM   #844
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Glad to hear this car is still alive!
I've had car fever for the last few months missing the shit out of driving a manual trans car. Problem solved! Just need to put lots of miles on her this summer.

I know we all know, but I swear every time I get back into the old c900 it reminds me that it is truly one of the greatest all around cars ever made. Sporty, pleasure to drive, plenty of space, economical... it just ticks so many goddamn boxes.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:13 AM   #845
Elder

Yay! Activity!

Lets see some fresh pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo - Cirrus White
1986 Saab 900 Turbo SPG Clone - Admiral Blue
1992 Saab 900 Base - Talladega Red
Old 04-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #846
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cark View Post
eEuro (fuck those guys and their shipping costs)!
I've gotten to the checkout screen with them a few times in the last month or so building parts lists to get stuff ready for the season and every time I do they want to drop ship one washer out of this warehouse, a screw out of that one, etc, and charge me separate shipping for everything because they decided they can show a lower item price on their site if they screw us on the shipping side. I've made no purchases as a result.

/rant

Awesome to hear you got the 900 out! Post some photos to remind us what it looks like.

Mine's been out for a couple weeks now, nothing like it!
02 Aero Wagon
07 9-3

94 Miata
05 Legacy GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
lhjokers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in