c900 instrument panel light bulbs - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Site Moderator

c900 instrument panel light bulbs

Looking for the 12v 3w replacements with the base. Lots of places seem to have the bulbs, none come with the base.

Where should I look? I also don't know anything about LEDs, are there some which are a direct fit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Elder

Are you looking for bulbs for the gauge cluster? They do make LEDS that will fit in the oem bulb holders. I'm using LED bulbs in my '94 Comm Ed. I've had them for a long time. The only thing I don't like is that they aren't dimmable. I think that they do make dimmable LEDs now, but they didn't when I bought mine. I bought them online at ledbulbs.com or something like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Site Moderator

Yeah... eEuro doesn't sell them with the base anymore, and no one else seems to carry them. Plus I keep forgetting to grab some at the pick-your-part.

I'll check out the dimmable LEDs too. Would be nice to have a little more light under there.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
You might want to take some old bulbs from your dash and head to a Porsche dealer. This sounds insane, I know, but when I was putting Little Red's dash back together in Cleveland after some idiot decided they needed her $40 stereo, I went to the local Saab/Porsche/BMW (I think) dealer in Cleveland.

The Saab parts guy was off roaming the universe so I explained my situation to the Porsche guy and he dug around and was able to source some from his bins. Might be worth a try. I think parts guys at any Porsche dealership must not see in-the-flesh customers all that often.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
SAABeginner

I know this thread is a year old... But what kind if bulb did you decide on?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
SAABeginner

check out superbrightleds.com they have what you need and bulb holders
Old 08-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

LED replacement lamps for instrument cluster illumination

I'm looking to update the dash and instrument lights to LED's in my recently-acquired 2.1 scarabe green sedan. I've worked out the two bigger instrument cluster ones are T10's and I have a stack of various LED T10's since they're used in lamps on my 4wd.

The small black ones appear to be T5 but in my mine all the lamps in those black holders are 'bonded' to the contacts. I've pulled out a spare cluster from an old car I no longer have and they're the same in it.

pic page

Does anyone know what the multitude of small black (plus the single green and red) lamp holders in the back of the instrument cluster are called? Re the green and red ones they are apparently different wattage lamps due to their special duty, so I don't think those two are replaceable with LED's.

Some years back there were places making LED-equipped replacements in the same lamp holders. I don't think PFS and the like sell LED instrument lamps for C900's, etc.

One thing I just worked out by trying some various T10 lamps out in one of the bigger holders is that they are all made with the wires folded over on both sides of the base. That makes them short out the holder contacts! Obviously that's no good! Even the more expensive Cree chip one is like that.

pic page

Craig.

Last edited by c900; 08-12-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in