It's back. Cool story, bro. 1986 900T thread. - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #61
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
do the FACEDROP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #62
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetnisshot View Post
Car looks good Palmer, I've found it's almost impossible to part ways with these cars! A short seperation usually helps(as you know). Glad your back at it!

Front end sex

tetnis

Thanks! I'm glad to be back at it as well.

Put about 80 miles on it today, and it's running great. I think it will run better when I burn through this old tank of gas from storage. A place just up the road from me has 93, so that's the next tank, along with some Techron.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:43 AM   #63
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
... if you so much as lay a finger on Natalie 2, so help me God.

It probably would look really sick, but I love being able to look at my old car as it should have been one day.
^ You know you got problems when you start naming other peoples Saab's

I say go for it Ethan! Your 86' was bad ass - and I think you should have never tore it apart as you did. The only RIGHT thing left to do is let it live on in your newer fancier red clone SPG.

Palmer - those wheels + that grill on that car will look bad ass. What needs to be "cut" to fit that grill?
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 AM   #64
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

It's kinda odd. The GrillE is off an 83, and the headlight surrounds are the originals.

The pegs on the headlight surrounds are too large to fit in the holes on either side of the grillE, so I'll have to file them down or something. I have another, even earlier grillE, and it fits with the surrounds just fine.

I do have other surrounds I could check too, I'll be doing that tonight. If I change, I'll have to cut the inner portion to clear the intercooler, haha.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #65
c900 Grognard
Elder

Nice work Palmer-san. I have started a massive c900 initiative on my car as well, I basically let a lot of non essential stuff slide for 2 years and it's time to take care of it.

You should plastidip the super aeros.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #66
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
Nice work Palmer-san. I have started a massive c900 initiative on my car as well, I basically let a lot of non essential stuff slide for 2 years and it's time to take care of it.

You should plastidip the super aeros.
Doing the same with my SPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #67
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
I'm finally back on the internet after a busy weekend at work, thank you sniggel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 06-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #68
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Haha.

Anyway, nabbed a new looking 3.0 FPR off a junkyard car last weekend, I should be able to swap the 9000 rail off.

I might just plasti-dip the wheels. Actually, that would be pretty rad, then I would have to do minimal prep.

Also, my former co-worker does their social media work, so I might have a hookup.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #69
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I like how your 900 has turned out. Looks awesome.

1983 900 8v turbo- sold
1998 900 SE- sold
1995 9000 CSE
Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 AM   #70
Elder

This c900 remains the winner of anyone who thinks they are cloning or taking style cues.
Palmer's 86' = big tits. ( . Y . )
for your repair needs
Old 06-07-2011, 03:58 AM   #71
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Really glad you decided not to sell this car. It's a gem.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #72
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Thanks guys.

I just signed up for a speed run in August with it. Should be some good motivation to get er' all done.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #73
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via Skype™ to Trollhättan Bil
Quote:
Yesterday, 05:13 PM snigel laddare This message has been deleted by Palmer. Reason: Because I can.
I'm not going to stoop to your level, only say that you know you're wrong, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #74
c900 Grognard
Elder

LOL. Snigel, you were saying grounding would be a good performance upgrade on an otherwise healthy SAAB. That is different from making a repair on a car with old, corroded wiring, which of course would be a good thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
LOL. Snigel, you were saying grounding would be a good performance upgrade on an otherwise healthy SAAB. That is different from making a repair on a car with old, corroded wiring, which of course would be a good thing to do.
I've said this, that, and more, only to have it subsequently proven out as correct. Tell me though, why, do you suppose, the batt/alt/starter lead cable corrodes in the first place?

Answer: Poor/faulty grounding.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #76
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Get your pompous, blowhard ass out of my thread.

I could give a fuck what you think you know about grounding or any of that shit. Yes, bad grounding is responsible for CORROSION.

No, not road salt, and a cut in the casing, or any of the other 500 things that cause corrosion that you come in contact with on a daily basis.

Get. Out.

Last edited by Palmer; 06-07-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #77
JK
Elder

There has to be an adequate threshold for having the various parts of a car grounded. Where does it stop? Do we need to 6/0awg wire under the hood? Is that going to make a car even fast than one with only 4/0awg wire stung all over the damn place?

What a clown.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
Get your pompous, blowhard ass out of my thread.
Pot---Kettle.

Quote:
I could give a fuck what you think you know about grounding or any of that shit. Yes, bad grounding is responsible for CORROSION.

No, not road salt, and a cut in the casing, or any of the other 500 things that cause corrosion that you come in contact with on a daily basis.
Don't go getting your knickers in a bunch (it's...uncomfortable). Now stop being such a bitch (it's unflattering), afterall, it's not my fault that I am correct and your are wrong, now is it?

Quote:
Get. Out.
But, yeah, I'll get outta "your" thread (don't want you blowing a gasket and throwing yourself into a tizzy) and will leave it with one parting comment...Nice Classic.

Last edited by Trollhättan Bil; 06-07-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #79
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhättan Bil View Post
Pot---Kettle.

Don't go getting your knickers in a bunch (it's...uncomfortable). Now stop being such a bitch (it's unflattering), afterall, it's not my fault that I am correct and your are wrong, now is it?

Initially I ignored you because I thought you had to be joking, but since it seems you genuinely believe you are correct, I have to tell you that you're an idiot.

Corrosion (in metals) occurs as a chemical reaction that has nothing to do with how well the metal is grounded. In it's most basic form it is caused by a reaction between the metal and oxygen in the air exchanging electrons and creating weak oxides that "flake" off the top and expose the next layer down to the same environment.

Several factors can speed up the process, such as bringing metals on opposite ends of the galvanic series together, electric current, sulfides, and salts.

The only way to slow corrosion down is to prevent contact between the metal and anything that's corrosive (paint it) or attach a sacrificial anode to it (like zinc) and let that corrode away in the air first.

2003 9-3 Vector
Old 06-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #80
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

blod pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
c900, electrical, got front mount?, he's all talk, ima plastidip my windows, junkyard car pimpin, not an spg, snigel corrosion, sweaty italian advice, time attack wheels, van hagar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in