Eurotuner Magazine Feature Car - 1987 Saab 900 Turbo - Page 9 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #161
Elder

Hmmm.... Sounds very intrigueing. Not sure how it would look on mine, however with my lower profile as it sits today, I'm running slightly higher RPM's per given speed. Sucks on mileage as well as top-end. Bringing the total wheel circumference back in line with stock would sure help.

I will defintely be watching closely. Let us know the progress, IJ!

'91 900 Turbo SE Convertible
'93 900 Turbo CE #116, modified
'02 9-5 Aero SportWagon, MT
'06 GTO, modified
'08 9-7X 6.0 Aero. The fastest stock Saab I've owned, bar none.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #162
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
Thanks nico I've been working with a company in Thailand to produce the Super Aero wheel in 18" we are looking at 18x8 with a +15 or +20 offset. Right now things are looking good but we're running into issues with the center cap, the stock center cap looks too tiny on a 18" wheels.

We may end up going with c900 caps which are larger diameter, but they aren't as curved so it will take some redesigning of the wheel face where the cap and the wheel meet. We will see where things go. Looking at dual bolt pattern 4x114.3 and 4x108 so all c900s and 9000s would be covered.
That sounds awesome! Very unique. Any pictures of the prototype? Let me PM you my email. I might be interested in a set depending on how they come out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #163
Elder

You got mail.

As you can see the first attempt came out pretty good although its rough. Ignore the funky captions, its all stuff about strength calculations to match the OEM wheel and keeping it light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #164
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Why haven't you sent me a pic yet?

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #165
Site Moderator

Oh my. This does sound intriguing. Are you working with a price target in mind, for a group buy or otherwise?

Slightly off topic, what mods were necessary to fit your current wheels... rear axle relocation? Anything else? And what is your current spring/shock setup?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #166
Elder

Not sure if srs...

Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #167
Elder

Send a message via AIM to spgproject
that would be sweet. what about 17's?

jeff - they balance fiiine. lay off the bourben while you're in the shop and you might have better luck.

oh, and the vert looks fantastic as usual.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #168
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

We're really all such super aero fanboi's that were having them custom made? Idk maybe it's me, I just don't find them that desirable...like i'd run them for winters. I personally love Ij's past two sets of wheels, GM's old wheels, any multispoke design, oz offers the ultraleggera's in a 4x108....I just think there are better options out there.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #169
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Will they weigh less than 30lbs? seems like an upscaled super aero couldnt possibly turn out light...

Paul

Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #170
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
Oh my. This does sound intriguing. Are you working with a price target in mind, for a group buy or otherwise?
Not yet. I've got about $2k into the project so far, I don't expect to make any money on this. It was just a joke idea, but then a friend's uncle has a import/export connection with the company (same place that did the repro VW Snowflake rims in 17"). Main concern is the weight, if we can't get the weight down we'll do a 18" Aero (not super aero). I sent them both a super aero and regular 16" aero, so they have both already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
Slightly off topic, what mods were necessary to fit your current wheels... rear axle relocation? Anything else? And what is your current spring/shock setup?
Nothing really - as long as you've got the correct size and offset of wheel. I never did the rear axle relocation, actually. Right now I am running trimmed Intrax with koni adjustables, but am going back to Squaab's adjustable springs next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Why haven't you sent me a pic yet?
I was trying to keep this one out of the spotlight but nico traded me a private video. Made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Quote:

Last edited by IronJoe; 12-09-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #171
c900 Grognard
Elder

I love how after all this work, money, and time, you're still driving around on cut springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #172
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Yeah, what a jank ass car.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #173
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Moreboost
IJ could you send me some more info about the 18" super aero's or regular aeros if you don't mind. I'm really interested just as long as they don't cost an arm and a leg. If you want to keep it on the dl i'll understand. Pm or you can email me at [email protected]

xoxo

Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #174
Elder

Well, that was cool.

I opened a link for an e30 M3 on M5 Turbine wheels this morning, it was directed to wheel-whores.com.

Here's what I saw.

Quote:
Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 AM   #175
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

You gonna sue them?

Quote:
Old 02-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #176
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Lol, IronJoe is no joke!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #177
Elder

Royalties?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #178
Elder

Send a message via AIM to spgproject
haha, you're the yardstick for being a whore.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #179
c900 Grognard
Elder

LOL, perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
best on the net, helmet tickle, ijs grey miata, its veiny, meatmen, rear handbrake envy, stud magnet, super aeros or gtfo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in