88 spg rear window louvers - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 03:31 AM   #21
TSLMember

yeah i did buy the car in Hinesburg....hope you dont have more bad news for me, brought it to my saab mechanic yesterday, needs alotta work in the front end, starting with both cv-boots and wheel bearings, the aftermarket exhaust, isnt creating the right pressure, so im going to put a stock turbo exhaust back on it. oh well, I wanted the car, i knew i would have to spend a bit to get it where i wanted it....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
i know, i know. but im still looking for some or for a manufacturer, a website, or hopefully a used set/one/pair? if anyone has any ideas...then you can talk smack
You are not likely to find new ones - the metal 'shadow' louvres were made by Roger Chastain + Associates and they no longer make any Saab stuff. Dunno if the business even exists now.

Adam Cimino listed a really good set on Ebay a while back and I wanted them but missed out..... Biggest hassle for me is that shipping a set to Oz would cost around US$500+ through fedex, etc. but if I found a good set of metal ones (the plastic ones aren't worth a pinch of s.h.i.t.e), that's something I factor in.

Luckily for most of you, they are fairly common to show up in the US.

Craig.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #23
Elder

Quote:
yeah i did buy the car in Hinesburg....hope you dont have more bad news for me, brought it to my saab mechanic yesterday, needs alotta work in the front end, starting with both cv-boots and wheel bearings, the aftermarket exhaust, isnt creating the right pressure, so im going to put a stock turbo exhaust back on it. oh well, I wanted the car, i knew i would have to spend a bit to get it where i wanted it....
The kid that owned it lives about 2 miles from me, and actually bought the Aero wheels on it from me.

I personally never saw the car, but he said he did a bunch of rust repair by the rear wheels. Poor sucker....that car started out on Craigslist at $3,950, gradually dropped and dropped, went on eBay, and finally ended up at you for $1,900. I think he lost his shirt on the deal. Where do you live??

Old 03-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #24
TSLMember

I live in Corinth VT, yeah from what he told me and from what i saw he did do quite a bit of repairs on it....still has the Aero wheels on it apparently he needed the money for his jeep... so i took it off his hands. i think i got the better end (just because i am willing to put the money and work into the car it needs). its pretty rough around the edges but a super solid car for an 88'. living in VT i see 05' cars with more rust than this car has. working out the fuel issues at this point has been frustrating....looking for an ECU right now. finally got fuel...still not running. dropped about 500 bucks into it so far. looks like im not getting the new springs and shocks for a few months
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #25
TSLMember

So i got a new turbo exhaust, CV boots, driver side wheel bearing, fuel filter and secondary fuel pump into it now. was hoping to put new plugs, wires, springs and shocks, into it, Then the fuel issues and a slight delay on the side of the road (atleast the tow truck driver was cool). Now, its looking like the ECU. Is there anyway to buy a new ECU or is that not gonna happen? I just trying to get as many new parts on there as i can. Used is awesome, but id rather put those on my 93....this 88' spg was like falling in love with a saab all over. So im trying for new parts.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #26
Avid TSL User

Quote:
So i got a new turbo exhaust, CV boots, driver side wheel bearing, fuel filter and secondary fuel pump into it now. was hoping to put new plugs, wires, springs and shocks, into it, Then the fuel issues and a slight delay on the side of the road (atleast the tow truck driver was cool). Now, its looking like the ECU. Is there anyway to buy a new ECU or is that not gonna happen? I just trying to get as many new parts on there as i can. Used is awesome, but id rather put those on my 93....this 88' spg was like falling in love with a saab all over. So im trying for new parts.
Hey Gunfighter, I just replaced my ECU. Picked up one from a local salvage yard. Are you sure it's the ECU? What type of fuel issues are you experiencing? Also, have you tried the dealer? I was thinking about doing the same thing but was a bit hesitant because I did not want to spend a lot of money on something that I was not sure would solve the problem...

Jitters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jitters; 03-18-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #27
TSLMember

Im not sure what it is at this point. unfortunately, i dont have another 88 turbo around to test my ECU on...so im going on speculation right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in