abdukted's EPIC 1990 turbo vert project HUGE PICS, NO DIALUP - Page 4 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #61
Elder

If they have the blanks and the machine, most places can make a copy. No special machine required like the 9000/NG900 and later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdukted1456 View Post
Can anyone make key copies or must I see the dealer?
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 AM   #62
Elder

On the rear latch thing...

There are two key settings. Turn one way and the trunk latch handle is disengaged from the latch mechanism, the other way and the latch works in conjunction with the central locking system. The lock actuator for the trunk may be on the way out. Try putting the key in the lock and keeping it turned while you try to open the latch. Be sure you try turning the key in both directions. I'd say pulling the rear seat would be a last resort. But, if you plan to pull it, The rear seat is bolted down below the rear cushion with 17mm bolts and up top with 10mm (I think). You access the bottom by pulling the lower seat cushion (it may be bolted on along the front end, not sure. My 94 just pulls up but that was a later change). The top bolts are accessed through tiny slits in the rear well fabric. The slits are behind the headrests at the top. You can't see the bolts until you can open the access slit a bit.

The Townsend site has all the tech docs on convertible top and window adjustment, seat removal etc.

Door cards are easy. remove the single screw behind the door release handle. Then you can remove the whole plastic door pull piece (hold the door release out and pivot the door pull thingus on the back edge). Once that's out, slip your fingers in behind the bottom edge of the door card and pull out and down. There are two retaining clips, one at each top corner, that just slide in. You may be able to find some microsuede fabric at Jo-Anne fabrics that matches. Or you can get creative a-la aerica. Hell, if you want to keep the Jackie Bouvier theme, pink taffeta might look nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #63
Trollerator
Elder

OK the trunk popped Thanks Erica! I used your method and got it on the first try. I think it may need some other attention anyways though.

Now I discovered some issues back there.

the rubbery coating is all pulling off the trunk floor and it looks rusty. Not sure what can be done there. Not a body guy, so I don't know how serious that is.

Is the top reservoir the thing on the left? It looks empty and there was some yellowish fluid on the right hand side I mopped up.

Now the turn signal. HOW THE HECK do I get to the plug for it? The wire bundle disappears into the dash and I can't figure out how to get in there. I alsmot got the dash out, but the heating stuff is giving my trouble. I took out the center console and huge bolt on the knee bolster, but can't figure out what else to get it out. Unless there is an easier way? Help?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 11-16-2008, 08:22 AM   #64
Trollerator
Elder

also one of the seats actually has a tear. Ric maybe do you know of a patch kit?

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #65
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to 85spgATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aireeca View Post
Re-upholstery is fun and easy, kids!* Actually, all you have to do is unscrew the door handle and pull down on the card. I did my plaid inserts for Little Red in about an hour, start to finish.
x2

I wanted to recover My door inserts. That took no time. So not feeling complete, I continued to reupholster things.. The head liner was cake!

Good luck with the project. Looks like your off to a solid start!
Stage: DIY.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 AM   #66
Site Moderator

looks like a great car Dan.

here's my inserts for some more inspiration:

https://saablink.net/forum/showthread...975#post462975

Old 11-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #67
Trollerator
Elder

The rod was indeed disconnected for the temp switch. I removed the left speak grille and was able to re-attach. THANK YOU! easy fix is right. I like those

I made a list of to do's in my first post. Kinda for myself to keep track but also in case people have any insights or tips. Since c900's are totally new to me.

p.s. those interiors you guys have done are nice. I will likely hit up the fabric store looking for something sporty but unique. I could always do microsuede if all else fails. I might have enough black left from my 9-5 a-pillars.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #68
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to SaabDriver87
Sorry I missed your call yesterday. We didn't make it to my parents until almost 10 and didn't get back to Rochester unitl 6 or 7. On the plus side of things, we did manage to get the Colorado Red boot covers and the storage bag for them. I'll bring those with me for ASR like we talked about.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #69
Elder

Send a message via AIM to viggenkid
My SRS light blinks. the bag was tested and i was assured that the bag will still deploy in the event of an accident, but the wiring shorted out. the PO had it fixed twice, but it still does it, so i'm just going to pull the bulb.

sounds like a nice little project.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #70
Trollerator
Elder

OK I made some great progress today!~ Got the interior vacuumed and wiped down. Pulled the knee bolster and cleaned some mildew out, installed a working turn signal stalk.

installed the radio and got that working. Installed most of the trim that was out and few random other little tasks.

Now can someone tell me two things: where the heck does this go!>!>! (metal thing on seat)

And how do you get the center console thing (on passenger seat) back in between the seats without ripping the seats or cracking the plastic???

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #71
Trollerator
Elder

One glamour shot while I was working today. I think she has potential. I did find some rusty stuff today that I will have to evaluate, but the car is pretty decent for the price I paid.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #72
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Well it has a nice hood emblem and, as we all know, that's at least HALF the battle with these silly cars.

I just saw one of those metal pieces today in a parts car. I think it goes around the base of the shifter, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #73
Trollerator
Elder

There is also a wire with plug that is in the cubby thing in the center console. No idea what that plugs into????!?!?

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #74
Avid TSL User

Location: Upstate.New York SAABeginner.HA!..since 1985 Member NYSOC.NESA.SCNA
Air Filter Housing Bracket

Quote:
OK I made some great progress today!~ Got the interior vacuumed and wiped down. Pulled the knee bolster and cleaned some mildew out, installed a working turn signal stalk.

installed the radio and got that working. Installed most of the trim that was out and few random other little tasks.

Now can someone tell me two things: where the heck does this go!>!>! (metal thing on seat)

And how do you get the center console thing (on passenger seat) back in between the seats without ripping the seats or cracking the plastic???

Dan,

The bracket is how the stock air filter box mounts to the fender. Notice it mounted on the right side of the photo.

I always remove the passenger seat when I work on the center console.

The car is looking GOOD!

Jon
jon1..
Old 11-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #75
Elder

Is it like a push plug? Lemme see if I have a photo of what I'm talking about.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #76
Elder

The button plug at the bottom left is all about activating the parking brake light in the dash, if I remember correctly. The blue and yellow wires go to a light around the key hole while you may or may not have.

Is that the stuff you're talking about?
Old 11-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #77
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Hot,, but i wold go for 17"

Quote:
The plan is to make a convertible version of this:

Old 11-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #78
Avid TSL User

Location: Upstate.New York SAABeginner.HA!..since 1985 Member NYSOC.NESA.SCNA
Wire with plug..

Quote:
There is also a wire with plug that is in the cubby thing in the center console. No idea what that plugs into????!?!?
Dan, if it is round, it could be for the other half of the stereo mounted in the upper part of the cubby. If it is rectangular, it could be for pulling codes for the check engine light (CEL). Show me a photo, to be sure, because it might be something else.

Jon
jon1..
Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #79
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon1 View Post
I always remove the passenger seat when I work on the center console.

The car is looking GOOD!

Jon
jon1..
OK, so complete fail on the bracket, but that's a good idea for center console work.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #80
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Wonder how the bracket made its way out of the airbox area and into the interior...

Great progress Dan, and it looks like Jon is an encyclopedia of knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
c900, carpet dye, convertible, dying carpet, faq, fixing leather, floor rusters, leather dye, leather repair, leatherworldtech.com, patching leather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in