abdukted's EPIC 1990 turbo vert project HUGE PICS, NO DIALUP - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #21
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Fender blinkers don't count. :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #22
c900 Grognard
Elder

Nice find! $1k is a great price, no doubt.

Yeah, I have the exact same interior (including leather shifter, boot, and wheel which I added later), it's what sold me on the car. They do seem to get browned on the seating surfaces of the front seats, Mine are uniform like that, I actually don't mind it since they are not "patchy" at all. It is a rarity to see these in good shape. Mine are decent, but the driver's seat is getting a little cracked (well, it was before I bought it). Here's a pic of it uncleaned (ack the flash makes the seats look terrible), and without my newly acquired OEM early 80's winter floormats with burgundy accents. What style knee bolster do you have? Mine is the later style, which I'm told is not supposed to be on my car (which is a '90):

I should note, this is the best smelling interior SAAB ever sold, hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe
Korean wheels, man. Like catnip for the ladies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #23
Elder

Send a message via AIM to 9000Andrew
Hey, nice find. That vert is pretty clean. If you want to put an spg kit on the car and do it cheap, there's a guy around saratoga who has a complete '88 spg in the wantadd for $490 (i'm sure he'd take less though). I posted a thread titled, 'cheap spg parts car," about it under the items for sale forum. It's rusty, but it's a gold mine in parts. Also, I'm getting in a 92 vert' with only 60 somethign thousand on it with no title so if you find that you need parts, I'll have them super cheap. Good luck

Last edited by 9000Andrew; 11-14-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #24
Trollerator
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9000Andrew View Post
Hey, nice find.
thanks man. I wish I could get the SPG but I have no space for it...

I have a real nice complete SPG kit on hold for me anyways. I will defintly ask you about parts if I need them! thanks for offering!!!!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #25
c900 Grognard
Elder

Should be noted at some point for your benefit, the regular SPG rear bumper extensions will not quite fit right on a convertible if you look close, but the convertible specific ones are rare as hens' teeth. They will not hug the wheel arches.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #26
Trollerator
Elder

yeah I was told this reanels and also told it is not impossible, with some trickery.

I know Brad (saabdriver87) has done it

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #27
c900 Grognard
Elder

Yeah, you can do it. I think IronJoe has a picture of it not-quite-fitting somewhere.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #28
Trollerator
Elder

maybe something can be trimmed, bent or fabbed? any info/pics would be helpful.

I saw Jon Williams' pics of the panels on NYSOC gallery but I don't really know what I am looking at just yet

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #29
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Holy crap! (forehead smack) NOW I know who John Williams is! He came up to me at the NYSOC run in October but I couldn't put the face to the car. That airflow convertible was the model for what someone I once knew wanted to do to their ComEd convertible.

Both of his verts look amazing.

Last edited by aireeca; 11-14-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Favorite song of the day? New Order's "Confusion."
Old 11-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #30
Trollerator
Elder

soooo.... question:

how different are the turbo vert and spg rear extensions?

where am I going with this? will it be obvious If I do the whole kit and leave the stock turbo vert extensions on the rear?

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #31
GA
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to GA
Awesome score. Congratulations. It may please you to know that I bought a running white '89 vert, same exact car except no airbag and with a beige interior, also for $1000. But it was a rusty and beat up, and is a parts car.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #32
Elder

OK, here's his 1991 SE which should have the hen's teeth panels:

And here's a shot of my ComEd:

You'll see the SPG rear quarter panels dip down more toward the ground and appear to have less "accordioning" between the back of the panel and the bumper. That, combined with length, are your issues.

Last edited by aireeca; 11-14-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #33
Trollerator
Elder

Ah yes, I see the difference in style. I guess I need to see what else I can find out from people who have done this. Maybe I could have a custom rail made or something. There must be some way.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #34
Elder

Or, maybe one of our noted choppers could toss the spg panels on the SE onto my ComEd to give you an idea of what that would look like. I suck at Photoshop. Really.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #35
Elder

+1 on the new 'vert. Maybe I'll spend some time on one of mine and get it fixed up as a winter project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
$1000 for a running car is pretty damn good
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 11-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #36
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
you did ok for yours,, heck, i got mine for 550, but it had double as many miles, a horrific roof, and a failing trans,, the extra 450 is easlly worth the gain you got over my car.....
Old 11-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #37
c900 Grognard
Elder

Airecca, that car has normal extensions. The one's I am talking about came on SE verts and SIS verts only. The issue is, if you use normal SPG ones, there will be a slight gap between the part that slips over the fender arch, IIRC.

edit - talking about the second car. THe first one looks like an SE vert, and those extensions look like they line up. SPG ones will look fine at first glance, but I know mr. dukted has a fine attention to detail.

Quote:

Last edited by Jack Straw; 11-14-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #38
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Oooh, hope to see it in person!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 11-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #39
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Looks good, that interior should be considered very nice shape for that color, you never see em in much better shape than that. I'd call that a good deal for sure, c900s getting to be very tough to find in good shape for a reasonable price, even more so with the verts. Looks like you'll have fun with it, and i couldn't agree more with the SPG kit in grey, needs that for the contrast with the white paint.

Paul

Old 11-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #40
Avid TSL User

Location: Upstate.New York SAABeginner.HA!..since 1985 Member NYSOC.NESA.SCNA
SE vs SPG rear bumper extensions....

SPG Rear Bumper Extensions:
http://www.nysoc.com/gallery/album12/P0013780

SE (special edition) Rear Bumper Extensions:
http://www.nysoc.com/gallery/album12/P0013781

SPG bumper extension overlaid on SE bumper extension.
http://www.nysoc.com/gallery/album12/P0013783

Let me introduce myself, and some of my cars, to anyone that doesn't already know me.
Pulling into the 2005 SOC in my '91 turbo convertible with the newly installed airflow kit:

My latest project, standing next to the former Diggler and Rollergirl '89 SPG

One of my other '89 SPGs, from the 2006 SOC held in Lake George, NY

My girlfriend, Denise, pulling into the 2005 SOC in our '91 Platana Gray SE

My '89 turbo convertible at the 2007 VSCNA / NYSOC Fall Tour

From this Album:
http://www.nysoc.com/gallery/album12
More of my Albums:
http://www.nysoc.com/gallery/album08

Jon
jon1..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
c900, carpet dye, convertible, dying carpet, faq, fixing leather, floor rusters, leather dye, leather repair, leatherworldtech.com, patching leather

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in