1992 Saab C900 Base model 5 speed - Page 5 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #81
Elder

Thanks! It still needs a lot of work, and I need to make some organizational improvements in the shop before I go splattering more compound on everything lol.

Facebook video link about the parts car.. Not sure if you will be able to see it or not! There is a bunch of goodies in that car!

https://www.facebook.com/tuner4life/...1298621597558/

I'm hoping to be able to part that 1985 out and fund most of the engine refresh on this 1992..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

1992 Saab 9000 Turbo - Cirrus White
1986 Saab 900 Turbo SPG Clone - Admiral Blue
1992 Saab 900 Base - Talladega Red
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2020, 05:49 AM   #82
Elder

Body work is now done and in primer. I have a good friend who will spray the color once the car is driveable.

Here are a few pictures along the way. I was happy with how nicely the metal worked back to pretty flat. It looks like a lot of filler, but it is very thin. Less than 1/8" in the deepest spots.

(Before pic of front fender)

And the little crease on the back corner:

(Before picture)

The metal straightened as much as possible (It's thick metal there!)

1st layer of filler:

And final result (I know the primer is screwed up on the top surface. My dumb self dropped something on it while wet. It's smooth now )

I also traded some parts from the black parts car for this stuff. It's everything I need to fix mine. I'll probably try to find a nicer grille eventually, but the rest is presentable for this $300 car

Now all I need to do is get to work on the drivetrain refresh. That should happen over the next couple months as I save $ for this project I didn't intend to have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Jason

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #83
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Look's great!
I bet it's nice to do metal work without rust falling out.
'93 900T Comm.Ed#119
'83 900T 5M 4dr
'87 900S 5M Notch
'88 900S 5M 4dr
'91 & '93 900S 5M 3dr
Parted/scrapped: '82 4dr, '85 3dr,
'86 2dr, '86 3dr, '87 4dr, '90 T3dr.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 AM   #84
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosaab View Post
Look's great!
I bet it's nice to do metal work without rust falling out.
It's a pleasant (and frankly rare to me) experience

-Jason

Old 01-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #85
Elder

Also opinion time:

I haven't sold the SPG side panels from my black parts car and am likely just going to keep them and put them on this red car. My heart wants me to grab the spoiler (regular turbo spoiler not whale-tail), and also put it on this car to complete the look.. Meanwhile my brain doesn't want me to drill holes in this rust free smooth hatch.

Your opinions? I can talk myself in/out of anything.

-Jason

Old 01-06-2020, 01:34 PM   #86
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner4life View Post
It's a pleasant (and frankly rare to me) experience
LOL...yeah. Because so often even what we think isn't rusty, actually is. I've been having that experience yet again while refurb'ing my new-to-me trailer lately.

Quote:
Also opinion time:

I haven't sold the SPG side panels from my black parts car and am likely just going to keep them and put them on this red car. My heart wants me to grab the spoiler (regular turbo spoiler not whale-tail), and also put it on this car to complete the look.. Meanwhile my brain doesn't want me to drill holes in this rust free smooth hatch.
Your opinions? I can talk myself in/out of anything.
Do whatever blows your dress up!. Personally, I'm always on the fence about the side panels, but the spoiler would make the hatch seem a bit less naked.
It's your car and you're investing your time and money, so why not. You've already got the parts in hand for relatively little cost. If you decide to sell it, most buyers would likely prefer the spoiler. Rust-free car or not, you're saving a beat-up 900S, so you're not defacing a mint special model. And, most importantly, you're not a fart-box ricer teenager who's going to make a mess of it trying to stick it on with rusty nails and scotch tape

'93 900T Comm.Ed#119
'83 900T 5M 4dr
'87 900S 5M Notch
'88 900S 5M 4dr
'91 & '93 900S 5M 3dr
Parted/scrapped: '82 4dr, '85 3dr,
'86 2dr, '86 3dr, '87 4dr, '90 T3dr.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:58 AM   #87
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosaab View Post

Do whatever blows your dress up!. Personally, I'm always on the fence about the side panels, but the spoiler would make the hatch seem a bit less naked.
It's your car and you're investing your time and money, so why not. You've already got the parts in hand for relatively little cost. If you decide to sell it, most buyers would likely prefer the spoiler. Rust-free car or not, you're saving a beat-up 900S, so you're not defacing a mint special model. And, most importantly, you're not a fart-box ricer teenager who's going to make a mess of it trying to stick it on with rusty nails and scotch tape

I like the way you think! Spoiler is going on!

-Jason

Old 01-15-2020, 05:24 AM   #88
Elder

Started going through what will be needed for the engine build.. Nothing is severely wrong with the engine itself. Just want to refresh everything to where it's going to be reliable for a long time.

I know there is still a lot missing (ignition parts for example), but I already have a lot of time in this lol.

-Jason

Old 01-15-2020, 07:07 AM   #89
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Troup
Impressed with your organization and research on that list. Make one for the B234R

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Espresso Black
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Glacier Blue
Old 01-16-2020, 04:45 AM   #90
Elder

Maybe sometime before I die I'll do the same for my 9k

-Jason

Old 01-16-2020, 06:23 AM   #91
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Troup
Quote:
Maybe sometime before I die I'll do the same for my 9k

I hope parts availability holds out until I am at a place in life where I can rebuild mine.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Espresso Black
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Glacier Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in