Troubleshooting APC Solenoid. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Classic 900 Forum '78-'93 > General Classic 900 Posts and Information

General Classic 900 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Classic 900.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2018, 05:19 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Troubleshooting APC Solenoid.

Hi. I am having a no-boost situation with my son's '93 C900 Turbo. I have chased down and checked a lot of things, and I'm stuck at this point. APC Solenoid doesn't seem to be acting correctly-

I have read the APC troubleshooting guide, but something is unclear:

Quote:
7. Next check the APC solenoid by applying +12v to it; under power, the solenoid should snap. Check that it is fully functional by removing the vacuum lines from the "W" and "R" ports, and connecting a length of vacuum line to the "C" port. With no power applied, air passed through the "C" port will come out through the "W" port; with power applied, air passed through "C" will come out through "R".
Mine opens both "W" and "R" with power applied. I assume this means that it's failed?

Can anyone please verify?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
im not sure what the native state of that solinoid is, however if it makes noise when you give it power its probably good.

i would start by checking for boost leaks or failed diverter valve. before electronics
Many small leaks can add up to one huge problem in c900's
Old 05-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
SAABeginner

I myself am looking for an APC solenoid, part number 9342072?

Lee
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in