I bought a 1971 Saab 99 with T16 Swap and more... - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Vintage Forum > General 99 and 90 Posts and Information

General 99 and 90 Posts and Information Please post general and technical information pertaining to the Saab 99 and 90.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #21
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
Sounds like a good deal. If you are working flat rate and there is enough work it should be better money, right?
That's the concept anyway - more money, less stress. They claim to be overwhelmed with work for the past several months. (Since they lost the #1 guy) and can not keep up with the demand. I just hope the flow continues past the first few months. Yes - flat rate, so the possibility to earn good money is there. Also there are Bonus incentives if working over 50 hours weeks and 60 hour weeks. Not overtime, but a good program they offer.
for your repair needs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #22
Flirting With TSL Addiction

still can't get over how immaculate that engine looks
2002 9-3 SE
2002 9-3 SE Vert
1999 LB 9-3 Viggen
1996 9000 CSE (RIP)
1990 9000 S (SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #23
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallythesaab View Post
still can't get over how immaculate that engine looks
It's under a tarp in my truck too right now - I plan to unload it this weekend and plug up the holes and re-cover it ontop a skid to protect it till install time.
for your repair needs

Old 06-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #24

this has me wanting the 78 airflow 16v in rhode island..

good find!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:47 PM   #25
Elder

Is that still listed? Why has no one bought it? If I had the cash it would already be out here!

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #26
SAABeginner

Good luck with the car Jeff, I will be happy to see someone put it back together. I helped John with the build years ago and have some pictures of it before the paint and when it still had a b-motor somewhere. Theres some funky things about the car and I remember when we first picked it up it seemed so rusty and John almost thought about scraping it at one point when he couldnt get a title, but then we got a really solid '80 Gli parts cars that had slammed a tree pretty hard and we used that to repair it. Now that time has gone by and with a few repairs it seems solid by todays standards.
One thing you may want to consider, and I told John but he didnt listen, I gave him master cylinders for the dual master setup from one of my old rally cars - but told him that he would have to convert to wilwood brakes to get enough hydraulic ratio for them to work - he never got those and without a booster and with the small piston surface area on the 9000 brakes its going to be a real challenge to slow that thing down! You may want to swap back to a booster setup or go to the wilwood calipers....

Luke
Saabrally.com
Old 06-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #27
Elder

I remember Reading on saabnet a long time ago, I think it was Damian Shulock installed a dual Master cyl Brake setup, and reported that the car was scary and unstoppable Definately not fun, especially when its an irreplaceable 1971 Automobile!

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/perfor...html?bID=94814

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Green9kAERO; 06-27-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added Link:)
Old 06-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #28
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabfarm View Post
Good luck with the car Jeff, I will be happy to see someone put it back together. I helped John with the build years ago and have some pictures of it before the paint and when it still had a b-motor somewhere. Theres some funky things about the car and I remember when we first picked it up it seemed so rusty and John almost thought about scraping it at one point when he couldnt get a title, but then we got a really solid '80 Gli parts cars that had slammed a tree pretty hard and we used that to repair it. Now that time has gone by and with a few repairs it seems solid by todays standards.
One thing you may want to consider, and I told John but he didnt listen, I gave him master cylinders for the dual master setup from one of my old rally cars - but told him that he would have to convert to wilwood brakes to get enough hydraulic ratio for them to work - he never got those and without a booster and with the small piston surface area on the 9000 brakes its going to be a real challenge to slow that thing down! You may want to swap back to a booster setup or go to the wilwood calipers....

Luke
Saabrally.com
I would love to see those pictures some day!

He claims it has 9000 front calipers on it - not sure if that makes it any better....

What would I be talking for wildwood brakes? Part numbers and source for parts? I plan to drive this car - so GOOD brakes I will spend REASONABLE money on - however if it's crazy money I suspect a stock setup could be in order....
for your repair needs
Old 06-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #29
SAABeginner

You could do a new wilwood setup all around for about $600 bucks, cheaper if you source some used calipers. Depends on your goals, It may be better for a street car to just ditch the dual master and throw a 900 booster and master in there on a std pedal box.

Also, for the love of god, please put a 99 dash back into the thing!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #30
Elder

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabfarm View Post
You could do a new wilwood setup all around for about $600 bucks, cheaper if you source some used calipers. Depends on your goals, It may be better for a street car to just ditch the dual master and throw a 900 booster and master in there on a std pedal box.

Also, for the love of god, please put a 99 dash back into the thing!
Brakes:
I will look into this after I do some sorting of what it came with and make a list of what I need still.

A c900 Booster will fit? I would gladly go this route as it's a known working system.
John had made all new lines for the setup - would I have to source OEM lines to revert back to a more stock setup or does the dual setup use the old lines more or less. Clearly there is the additional line to the parking brake which I could leave in with the c900 Booster setup yes?

Dash:
The c900 dash does not bother me - however if you have a nice 99 dash with everything I'd gladly consider putting one back in it I also need a heater core setup for this car so it can have heat in the winter.
for your repair needs
Old 06-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #31
Elder

I Say go for the Wilwood setup. For 600- more it would make the car much cooler, and (hopefully) perform better

Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #32
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

bump
Old 10-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #33

Send a message via AIM to Boosted Shoe Send a message via MSN to Boosted Shoe Send a message via Yahoo to Boosted Shoe
This is so bad ass....Almost jealous haha
Old 10-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #34
Elder

bump

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #35
Elder

Get it done!

Old 10-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #36
Elder

come help me! lol I need motivation on site with muscle to help move the engine into the car. That plus other help around the house on the other 30 or so projects I have going on.
for your repair needs
Old 05-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #37
Elder

update on this awesome project?

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 05-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #38
WSW
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132417SAAB View Post
update on this awesome project?
Ya seriously
Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #39
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

god those 99's make me drool
Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #40
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
He left the site, you must have missed his exit thread

stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in