q's for 99 guys - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Vintage Forum > General 99 and 90 Posts and Information

General 99 and 90 Posts and Information Please post general and technical information pertaining to the Saab 99 and 90.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
TSLMember

q's for 99 guys

i am currently clearing some land for a friend and there are some old saabs out there (96&99's) rusted into the ground but i see some good lenses, grilles, trim and stuff like that maybe some other parts to but i am just wondering if there are any specific parts worth pulling before they get shredded over the next few weeks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Elder

99:

Windshields and the rubber mounting trim for them if any are good.

Any of the unusual desireable wheels, like the Shelby, Soccerball, or maybe Inca designs.

The 4-speed transmissions are desireable if they're good, but you have no way of knowing if they are good - the later ones are the ones to get, like '74-'78.

Some of the European and Australian guys pay good money for headlamp / surround / grill combos to convert their Euro nosed cars to the US twin-headlamp front end, but that's hit or miss.

Tachs out of the clusters, a lot of US lower trim cars have the big clocks instead.

96:

Unless it's a two-stroke I don't know a ton, seems like the people who are into them all have stockpiles, but would be worth asking like on SaabNet or the VSAAB mailing list if anyone is looking for anything, there's only like a dozen people on this forum with 'two-digit' SAABs.

If there are any model 93 cars those could be valuable almost regardless of how bad the corrosion is.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
Avid TSL User

[QUOTE=bingsaab;834715]i am currently clearing some land for a friend and there are some old saabs out there (96&99's) rusted into the ground but i see some good lenses, grilles, trim and stuff like that maybe some other parts to but i am just wondering if there are any specific parts worth pulling before they get shredded over the next few weeks.[/QUOT

For 96's there is a need for grills, all glass esspecialy the back glass, lenses, badging and doors if in desent shape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Plasticfoodwrap SE Pennsylvania Saab Club
Cars
72 Sonnet
72 96
90 miata

Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
TSLMember

i have begun listing parts that i could save from these cars check the for sale area entertaining offers
Old 05-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Tweek's Turbos
Where at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABseanSCANIA
can be prone to failure due to increased localized stresses in the hole penetrations
Old 05-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
TSLMember

items listed in classifieds under items for sale

items located in bear creek, nc zip 27207

Last edited by bingsaab; 05-23-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: im an idiot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in