Anyone from upstate New York (518 area code) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Vintage Forum > General 99 and 90 Posts and Information

General 99 and 90 Posts and Information Please post general and technical information pertaining to the Saab 99 and 90.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Anyone from upstate New York (518 area code)

Just got this email from a Saab group I belong to and don't know if this was ever posted here. Looks as if it might be worth following up if you happen to be in the right area:

Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Saab 99

Hi

My name is John Corey I live near Latham, NY. I have a very well kept 1980 Saab 99 and a 1979 99 parts car. But I also have thousands of dollars in new and excellent used 99 parts which I have collected over the last 3 years both here and in Sweden, many parts I have are simple not available anymore. Was stocking up so I could keep her for along time.

Point is I have to move in the near future and cannot possible take all this with me, I have posted on craigslist everything for 4 thousand dollars which is a huge gift to anyone who can get. This is not some scammers crap I am real been driving Saabs since my road test at 16 in a 2 stroke 96. Hoping somebody up your way might be interested, there is allot of really good stuff here. Would be nice to see it all go to Saab lovers. Some pics of the one 99 at www.critterschoice.com/saab.html

Hopefully out your way might find this little treasure trove interesting and still be close enough to get it.

Questions please call me 518-783-2273

John Corey
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Hard to tell exactly what he's selling there, I would hope its a very large amount of parts though, in addition to the car, sadly 99's just aren't worth that much these days.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
SAAB Road Master

Bruce T of VSaab on Yahoo posted this also.
Okay 99. Funky Blue color.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I'm about 10 min away from Latham....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
SAAB Road Master

I'm up to my eyeballs in 1975 EMS parts already, and my brother in law has everything covered for '78s.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MaSaab View Post
I'm up to my eyeballs in 1975 EMS parts already, and my brother in law has everything covered for '78s.

I think everybody that has a 99 is up to their eyeballs in parts, there's way more 99 parts than there are 99's at this point.

Paul

Old 05-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

If nothing else, brings back memories of my first in the long list of 99s owned. What ever happened to that car? It's coming back to me now, seem to remember a resevoir, a big concrete dam, 1 big joint, and a buddy's girlfriend. That's what I forgot, the E-brake
Old 05-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
I think everybody that has a 99 is up to their eyeballs in parts, there's way more 99 parts than there are 99's at this point.

Paul

LOL. Not on the Left Coast, I'm swimming in C900 bits - which is why my '73 is getting lots of 900 stuff.

Best,
Drew

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
Trollerator
Elder

do want, can't have.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 05-04-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
Elder

He's got a lot of stuff up on ebay now too. I just picked up an OEM SAAB clutch slave for $60 BIN.

1993 900T Comm Ed #3
1993 900T Comm Ed #249
1994 900T Comm Ed #363

Last edited by turbocon86; 05-04-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #11
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Well it's not everyday you see a 1980 99 stateside...

Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingZACH View Post
Well it's not everyday you see a 1980 99 stateside...

They arent much less common than other 99's, 80 was the last year for em in the US, they only stopped the turbo's in '78.

Paul

Old 05-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
They arent much less common than other 99's, 80 was the last year for em in the US, they only stopped the turbo's in '78.

Paul
Yep, I learned to drive a manual on a '80 99. They are the only US year with a plastic gas tank right?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Yep, I learned to drive a manual on a '80 99. They are the only US year with a plastic gas tank right?
i think you are right about that, they got quite a lot of 900 type stuff that year I think.

Paul

Old 05-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #15
Avid TSL User

Saw he put it on eBay, but my timing was bad, I'm leaving for Denver in 12 hrs. Had it still been here when I got back, would probably have bought it. So I just noticed the eBay listing disappeared, and I called him, someone from Altamont NY came, looked, bought. Hope it was someone here! Meantime, if anyone sees a pretty much rust free 99 2 dr notch in the Mid-Atlantic or NorthEast, let me know! The only new car I ever bought was a '73 99L 2 dr, and I really want another 99.
'84 900-T
'87 900
'99 9-3s dk blue
'99 9-3 red
'07 9-3 Sport Combi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in