Looks like I won't be getting a 99 - Page 3 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Vintage Forum > General 99 and 90 Posts and Information

General 99 and 90 Posts and Information Please post general and technical information pertaining to the Saab 99 and 90.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #41
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Wow. Just wow. I kinda wish I had been there. Kinda.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #42
SAAB Road Master

I once went to pickup a 99t in newpaltz ny with "fresh new paint job", it turned out to have rust bubbling back thru the fender lips already and the entire hood was in primer due to moose humping on the hood...or something like that....turned around and drove home too.

Perry
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #43
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
It was really quite incredible, pretty much the only way it could have gone worse would be if my car got stolen while we were in the "office". I've had some sketchy car buying experiences before, but this really took the cake. Jeff didnt even mention that the head "mechanic" had one arm that was majorly smaller than the other...creepy.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:07 PM   #44
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pellingt View Post
I once went to pickup a 99t in newpaltz ny with "fresh new paint job", it turned out to have rust bubbling back thru the fender lips already and the entire hood was in primer due to moose humping on the hood...or something like that....turned around and drove home too.

Perry

ooh! I think I know that car, did it have gold shelbys on it? that guy was on crack, tried to get that from him for years, but he wanted way too much money for it, kept going on about the engine being rebuilt, yeah, sure buddy. It sat there for at least 10 years, only went away recently, presumably to the crusher, sad.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #45
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Sedan
Ugh, sorry to hear how it turned out. How did these idiots end up with such a nice car to begin with?

The Saab enthusiast formerly known as Notchback.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #46
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
Quote:
Originally Posted by notchback View Post
Ugh, sorry to hear how it turned out. How did these idiots end up with such a nice car to begin with?
I was wondering the same thing.

That really sucks, man. You should call them and see if they'll take your offer now.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #47
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powar View Post
You should call them and see if they'll take your offer now.
Yeah if it hasn't blown up yet. That 99 needs to be rescued in a major way.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #48
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Powar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk88 View Post
Yeah if it hasn't blown up yet. That 99 needs to be rescued in a major way.
It wouldn't even matter if it has, IMO. Now its just begging for a 16vt + 5spd swap.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #49
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Kensington.. What did you expect guys?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #50
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Kensington.. What did you expect guys?

I actually told Paul before we went there, "had I known this place was in Kensington, I never would have bid" Their location comes up as being out near Pittsburgh when you lookup their ebay address. Oh well...
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #51
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Wow. What a story.
Too bad you didn't come home with a car, but you made it out alive.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:45 AM   #52
Elder

so you given up on this one? Have you called them/they called you? See if it's "running" yet - or offer low again.
for your repair needs
Old 08-26-2009, 04:27 AM   #53
Elder

I will call them this Friday and see if they have totally killed it yet.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #54
SAAB Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
ooh! I think I know that car, did it have gold shelbys on it? that guy was on crack, tried to get that from him for years, but he wanted way too much money for it, kept going on about the engine being rebuilt, yeah, sure buddy. It sat there for at least 10 years, only went away recently, presumably to the crusher, sad.

Paul
sounds about right, dark grey with gold shelbys, engine had been rebuilt, some kind of hot cam and the wastegate tweaked a bit, the car was really really quick, faster then stock and actually pulled to the redline, great drivetrain, i had paid 2200 for it on ebay, then once i saw it in person offered him 1400 due to the fact it needed a complete professional paint and body work job, he declined so i turned around and drove 12 hrs home.

hope it didnt get crushed , that car was a scream to drive.
Perry
Old 08-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #55
Elder

So I just looked, and " this user is no longer registered with ebay" Huu. Wonder why... Anyway As much of a shame as this was, I will not be going back for it. I do not have another day to waste in Kensington. If anyone else is interested in "giving it a try" PM me for this places contact info and it's yours. The car deserves better, but I already gave it my try. It's someone elses turn.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 AM   #56
Trollerator
Elder

WOW, EPIC!

only you two would have this adventure awesome story, sorry you did not take home that nice looking machine though!

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #57
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I would keep on them, and buy it for whatever low ball price you can - its not like THEY"RE going to do a 16v turbo/trans swap - this thing will see the crusher before too long. You said yourself the body is in LIKE NEW condition - where in the heck else are you going to find one this rare, and in such amazing shape (body-wise) again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in