im might be getting a pretty sweet deal:) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab Vintage Forum > General 99 and 90 Posts and Information

General 99 and 90 Posts and Information Please post general and technical information pertaining to the Saab 99 and 90.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Elder

im might be getting a pretty sweet deal:)

so a customer that ive known for probly 3 years now came into the shop today with a proposition.

For SOC 05 we rebuilt a 72(?) saab 95, and a 78 99 Turbo. The 99 turbo was resprayed Cardinal Red and was the coolest saab i had ever ridden in. I loved the seats, Incas, and those 8v noises. Im not much for original cars, but i would have been totally satifyed with that 99 just the way it was....

unfortunatly a year or so later, the guy who bought it rearended someone, and we never heard of it again, even though i dont believe he was finished paying for it. At some point in its Changing hands, chuck got ahold of it, and today chuck said if i finished the Headgasket on his sons 86 SPG, and did the Power Steering rack in his daughters 900S, i could take both the wrecked 78 turbo, and a 99 EMS? I have not seen this EMS, but he says it lost the Aframe but is otherwise Reasonable solid. If nothing else it would be an excellent donor to make the 78 live again, or he says make a 78 99T clone.

I know its too soon to be excited, but chuck gave me a deal i couldnt refuse, one without cash so im definatly going to try this.

Forgive me i couldnt help but share.
JP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to HIDSPG
you have to many PROJECTS..... I get so lost

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
Elder

dude, you couldnt name them all

But the 90 SPG is pretty much done, minus the T5 which is still in the works...
the 9k runs and drives just fine, but needs a few more upgrades when funds allow..
the sonnet hasnt been touched, but hopefully soon. I want to wait till i get back from Wyotech to finish it up, as i will have completed Streetrod tech and High performance.
This would just add 1 more to this never-ending list.

ohh and the 900 LPT has done 4k of fairly reliable driving, if you dont count the headgasket leakage, which i might address because that is prettymuch the only problem left in the car.
JP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in