professional parts sweden DI - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > General 9000 Posts and Information

General 9000 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Saab 9000.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

professional parts sweden DI

Saab Direct Ignition Cassette (Red) | Professional Parts Sweden Part Number 28341132 | Free Shipping

anybody try one of these out ?? whats the feedback..?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Elder

I spoke with someone from RallyHo Motorsport(Mike, Dave? sorry I forgot his name) at SCD.

They have been using one of these DI's in their T5 c900 rally car. I had asked about its "aftermarket" DI and how it was doing. I was told it has all siemens electronics, just assembled in Asia somewhere. Their rally car has put a few thousand miles(IIRC) on the DI and was told was working great.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #3

ohh yeah i saw that car, pretty sweet.

but good to know, i just ordered one. I have been running a DI from 06 that is just starting to go on me.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #4

Be weary of these DI's. This is what happened to mine after pulling it off one time to re-gap my plugs after a week of it being installed.

I have owned saab's for nearly 10 year's now and have never seen anything like this to any DI I have ever owned. Regardless how you pull them off this should not happen, only if you were blatently trying to do so and even that would be hard to do on oem DI's. If your service plug change is an interval of 15k mile's I dont see these lasting to long, nevermind other service that needs to be done to the car.

somebody at eeuro at first wanted me to glue the cover's back on. this is a big no no. The cover has a lot to do with how the ecu detects knock and its sensitivity and accuracy towards it.

I was told that there haven't been any problems with these DI's at all. Which may be true, but i just want you guys to know that these DI cover's should be good for years and years before you see anything like this.

Eeuro agreed to swap me out for a new one and stood behind there one year warrenty. However, I didn't like that they needed to hold another $175.00 from my account for a couple of weeks.

if you look at the 2 good coil plugs you can see just how bad the plastic joint is that meets the 2 parts. These 2 were also nearly on there way out.

I think someone's best bet if they go this route is two swap there cover off there oem DI, and replace it to the new aftermarket PPS DI. This should not affect your warrenty at all i would assume, and if it does it is a big problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0910121314[1].jpg (174.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 0910121334a.jpg (323.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 0910121334.jpg (232.9 KB, 45 views)
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
holy shit, that is ridiculous!

I'd rather spend $75 for a known good used DI from Steve @ SAAB specific

I love how they want to hold $ from you as well... unless you need it immediately, I'd box it up right away and send it to them, and as soon as it gets to them hopefully they can send you out a NEW one. Save the $175 and then who knows how long it would take for them to refund you that $.

Glen won a T7 DI at SCD, and I took a quick look at it and was very dissatisfied at least with how the finish looked on it. It literally looked like someone just sprayed it with a rattle can...
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

When you get the new one, will you be putting an OEM plastic cover on it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
Sadly after this even happened, i called one other person i knew who was putting a china-di though a trial run. And the news that came back was not good at all.

As of now i know two people who have tried these DIs, both of them have not ended well. Spend the extra money on a genuine saab DI. I hate it when manufacturers dont produce quality aftermarket products
Old 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Supporting Vendor
TSLMember

Hello valued Saablink members.

The DI subject has always been a hot topic with Saab customers. Here are the facts.

Proparts aftermarket DI cassettes have a lower failure rate then Genuine DI cassettes. We have sold hundreds of each.

The issue illustrated here has been documented and resolved in the latest batch of cassettes being shipped to us right now. The lower connector extension can be reinstalled with or without epoxy and maintain complete integrity. I completely agree that the original lower housings were one molded piece and you could pull as hard as you like from one end and remove the DI without issue. IF you don’t pull up evenly on the Proparts unit you can indeed separate the lower terminal extensions from the end opposite of where you pull upward on. This does not render the unit defective. You simply reinstall the terminal end and reinstall the unit….I personally guarantee that it will function correctly and will warrantee any unit that does not.

Proparts will warrantee defective DI cassettes for a full year….Saab won’t warrantee them at all.

Proparts has and will continue to accept feedback on ANY product….they do care about making quality products that represent a value to Swedish car enthusiast and we are proud to offer their products.

eEuroparts.com will warrantee Genuine Saab or Proparts DI units for a full year. There are two methods of exchange….we will write a new order and a include a no charge fed ex label (US customers) for the return and give %100 refund once the defective unit is returned or we will email you a FedEx label to return the unit for a no charge exchange once the item is returned.

The eEuroparts.com team truly appreciates the opportunity to serve Saablink members and values the feedback that can only come from our friends and customers that use our products. Please keep us informed of any issues and we will continue to strive to earn your business.

Dean Bergeron
Customer Service
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-the-kid View Post
I spoke with someone from RallyHo Motorsport(Mike, Dave? sorry I forgot his name) at SCD.

They have been using one of these DI's in their T5 c900 rally car. I had asked about its "aftermarket" DI and how it was doing. I was told it has all siemens electronics, just assembled in Asia somewhere. Their rally car has put a few thousand miles(IIRC) on the DI and was told was working great.
Isnt that saab NA? I.E. it will never see boost? so the chances of it misfireing are quite low?

Last edited by mike d; 09-11-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Isnt that saab NA? I.E. it will never see boost? so the chances of it misfireing are quite low?
correct.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #11

Has anyone else run one of these DI's yet ? is there any short use failure's.(besides the bottom shield) I am tempted to just return the new DI and put my credit towards an OEM one.

Mike what was the new's you heard from that other person giving one of these a go ?

Last edited by bergie; 09-11-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
Has anyone else run one of these DI's yet ? is there any short use failure's.(besides the bottom shield) I am tempted to just return the new DI and put my credit towards an OEM one.

Mike what was the new's you heard from that other person giving one of these a go ?
my best guess would be a customer with a tuned car who managed to kill one these di's very soon

This is my car, and it's for me. This is not for you

132417saab™©
AKA "numbers"
Old 09-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #13

the DI seemed to work well on my car, I just have had issues with the lower section. If i get misfiring I'll be sure to let people know.

I am currently running my OEM right now however.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:32 PM   #14

I'm getting ready to purchase a red DI for my Trionic 5 conversion on the SPG. Has anyone had any more bad experiences with these aftermarket units? The OEM SAAB ones are still around $400 new. Bleh.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #15
SAABeginner

Send a message via AIM to jgg54
Maybe I'm one of Mike's experiences with a ProParts DI. Mike did a T5 conversion on my 93 Turborag using the new PP DI that I provided. The results were less than satisfying but only because of the PP DI

Eeuro swapped out the PP DI for an SEM with a full $ exchange and the result of swapping an OEM DI made all the difference in performance and even surprisingly corrected an iffy tach to a rock solid reading.

I will only go OEM when the need arises.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgg54 View Post
Maybe I'm one of Mike's experiences with a ProParts DI. Mike did a T5 conversion on my 93 Turborag using the new PP DI that I provided. The results were less than satisfying but only because of the PP DI

Eeuro swapped out the PP DI for an SEM with a full $ exchange and the result of swapping an OEM DI made all the difference in performance and even surprisingly corrected an iffy tach to a rock solid reading.

I will only go OEM when the need arises.
I just got a new SEM DI from Car Quest for 180 with a coupon
Old 11-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to soccerrplyr
is rockauto's shipped to your door for around 154 with 5% off coupon not available anymore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #18
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerrplyr View Post
is rockauto's shipped to your door for around 154 with 5% off coupon not available anymore
Still around, search for: AIRTEX / WELLS 5C1762

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
I just got a new SEM DI from Car Quest for 180 with a coupon

Reds tend to be more money, Red Di's are still 3-400$ just about anywhere, whereas blacks can be found 150-200 pretty easly
Old 11-06-2015, 05:39 AM   #20
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
There are airtex/wells T5 cassetts, but like Mike said, they're not as cheap.
Although I think advance sells them, and there's always coupon codes you can add.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in