TCS removal - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > General 9000 Posts and Information

General 9000 Posts and Information Please post general information pertaining to the Saab 9000.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
Elder

TCS removal

Awhile back someone was nice enough to PM me the procedure to remove the TCS from a 92 9000. Since the fire I really haven't had time to think about playing with any cars. Low and behold I finally got the car home and the PM is gone. In short could the kind soul who sent it to me in the first place resend it?

Thanks,
Marty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
i guess i was that kind sole...

procedure used to be up here as a sticky, but i dont know what happined.

-youll need to change the throttle pedal,
-adapt the TCS throttle cable, or add a non TCS cable,
--------HELPFULL HINT----------, when pulling out the a new cable from the local boneyard, pull the cable from the actual cable itself, not from the outer housing, once the cable has been disconnect from all sources, it simply pulls out of the firewall, however pulling from the housing will brake the housing every single time, when pulling from the inner cable, the Barb on the other end more pushs the housing though, and does not brake anything

-transplant wireing harness from bulkhead forward,
-add non TCS TB
-change coolent temp sencer to non TCS sencer

-add pins in both in the jetronic ECU plug, and in the circular plug that goes though the bulkhead, pins can be removed from old TCS wireing harness, there tricky to remove at first, but once you get the hang of it, your golden

however, you can have a running driveing car with nothing more than a TB change to a non TCS style.

however it wont run well, it will be like not having you AIC and TPS plugged in,

-also the 1992 jetronic computer isnt set up to take either the AIC or TPS, so a 1991 ecu is helpfull, the car will run with the 1992 ECU, but again, just not as well.

- the DI/APC computer is the same part number, so im asuming that it doesnt care.

included is a link to the wireing diagram i used to set up the TPS, as far as the AIC valve goes, ive had the best luck running a c900 8v aux air valve (much more reliable than an AIC)

after all this you can remove the ETS computer, all the extra check valves, re fit car with proper vac line routeing, and life is good.

extra credit:::: i also ground pin 13 from the ETS ECU plug, the ETS system diagrams i have says this is grounded when no faults apear. and apon grounding you can hear a relay click. im not certain exactly what this does, but it just seams like a good idea.

wireing diagram

Last edited by mike d; 08-15-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
Elder

thanks, Time to get to a printer so you don't have to do this again for me

Old 11-30-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
JK
Elder

Sticky?
Old 12-02-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
Avid TSL User

Semi-hijack, but isn't TCS removal far easier on a '93? I'm seriously considering buying a '93 Aero.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:10 AM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
Semi-hijack, but isn't TCS removal far easier on a '93? I'm seriously considering buying a '93 Aero.
To the best of my knowledge, virtually impossible on a '93.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero
Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #7
JK
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety5Aero View Post
To the best of my knowledge, virtually impossible on a '93.
That is unless you are willing to revert the car to LH with DI/APC, or switch everything out to run 1994+ Trionic 5.

Otherwise, good luck finding a non-TCS 1993 Trionic ECU. To the best of my knowledge those never made it to the US, if they were made at all.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewhippedpuppy View Post
nothing is impossible,, just a royal pain in the @ss ive heard of someone doing it by using a later non TCS aero, and quite literally swaping the entire harness from tip to toe. compared to a 1992 where its just from the bulkhead forward.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:40 AM   #9
Avid TSL User

just for the record: trionic 5.2 9000's without TCS do excist. I have one myself. too bad you never had these in the US, cause I'm struggling finding T5.2 boxes here in Norway.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to mrajr12691 Send a message via Yahoo to mrajr12691
ive heard of several 93aeros w/ tcs that have just had an off switch wired in. i have a printout of how to do it, you just have to turn the switch on every time you start the car.. doing it on my own aero when i find the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
JK
Elder

The off switch will only take TCS out of the equasion.

The real issue is the electronic throttle system (ETS) itself. The limp home mode and various failures are cause by faults in the electronic throttle system, not in the traction control leg of the system.

So the switch =/= solution to the problem.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:05 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Svenska94Aero
dumb question, but how can i be sure if i have TCS or not? 1994 9k Aero
Old 04-14-2009, 04:09 AM   #13
Elder

look under the hood at the throttle body,, if it has a black plastic cover on it, its a TCS throttle body

also, the wrightup listed above was for a car with a very different EFI system than your 94 has.

Also, with the advent of T5suite we are able to make our own non TCS ecu's,, this could make the process of converting a 1993 much more attainable
Old 04-14-2009, 05:08 AM   #14
Elder

righto, thanks mike. i know the 92s are much different, i was just curious whether or not ive got tcs. and yup im really looking forward to jumping into the t5suite, ive got the software, now i just need a spare ecu. thanks!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #15
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ohlins8990 Send a message via Yahoo to ohlins8990

Thats what the TCS throttle body looks like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #16
Elder

SCORE! no tcs for me...at least that's one thing i don't have to worry about with my car! thanks ohlins, et al.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:20 AM   #17
Elder

btw, how does everyone keep their engines so nice and shiny? cam cover, di cassette, etc. mine all look like crap, and i keep finding pics (like ohlins) that look like a crate engine!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #18
Elder

How the hell do you get the throttle cable out? Obviously the whole thing has to come out- "welded to the firewall rubber grommet" and all, right? Sometimes I get so pissed off at myself for getting bogged down in what surely will be a simple procedure.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero
Old 05-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #19
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to ohlins8990 Send a message via Yahoo to ohlins8990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
btw, how does everyone keep their engines so nice and shiny? cam cover, di cassette, etc. mine all look like crap, and i keep finding pics (like ohlins) that look like a crate engine!
I personally use wheel cleaner, tire dressing, a sponge, and some elbow grease.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
Elder

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonracer View Post
Awhile back someone was nice enough to PM me the procedure to remove the TCS from a 92 9000. Since the fire I really haven't had time to think about playing with any cars. Low and behold I finally got the car home and the PM is gone. In short could the kind soul who sent it to me in the first place resend it?

Thanks,
Marty
Also - It's still there;

https://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2061
for your repair needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in