Saab Link Forums banner

Speedparts 9-7x project!?!?

7K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  HOTiSO 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
LOL thats a HUGE deal out of the states too because they dont have 9-7's over there. Thats a reallllllll head turner right there. Hell they dont even have many SUV's and no trucks.

-KM

(lasy year i saw a brand new wrecked 9-2x aero in the junkyard... they dont even have those over there so it was wayyyy outta place)

#7 ·
at least it would have forced induction of some sort...but a twin snail V8 would peak my curiosity.

The shitty thing about those rims is that they actually sit in the wheel openings quite well...they are DEFINATLY too big for my tastes, maybe take it down 2 or 3 inches in diameter.

Imagine it having a really big set of "double 3 spoke" wheels - like Abdukteds or iwantaviggen's but made a bit bigger. That would be neat-o!

#8 ·
the rims look like 26" or maybe even 28"

Weve got a hummer customer thats got over 100k of mods done to it and he has 28" rims. They are 4 grand a wheel and 3 grand a tire for the ones hes got :shock: its sooooooo tacky tho.

#16 ·
they probably weigh at least a half ton with the tires on them. That is one of those cases where that car could be described as 'sick' as in, take it out back and shoot the damn thing in the radiator with a 12 gauge sick

#17 ·
Lol, its a fuckin SUV, not a coupe. Even if you put 100lb rims on it, its not like your trying to race the next Porsche or M3 in it.

As long as it looks good and has the power to tow and I can modify it to have better acceleration than it had when i test drove it as SOC, I would only want to get one to haul another project Saab around. Not to take to the local SCCA track.

Plus those rims look way better than the stock shit.

Aftermarket (non-rice) > OEM anyday.

#18 ·
I like the looks of it, but those wheels are just too large... for what you gain by having wheels that large there is just not enough benefit. If you are going to have a truck, it should at least be capable of doing some mild off roading and with those wheels it’s just not.

#20 · (Edited)
AeroDynamic said:
LOL thats a HUGE deal out of the states too because they dont have 9-7's over there. Thats a reallllllll head turner right there. Hell they dont even have many SUV's and no trucks.

-KM

(lasy year i saw a brand new wrecked 9-2x aero in the junkyard... they dont even have those over there so it was wayyyy outta place)
that's pretty cool. when are you going over again because i might beg you to pick me up a few things. ;)

i think the wheels look great. they obviously chose that size because they fit the wheel well so perfectly. also, if you are wanting to offroad, don't buy a 9-7x. how about an SPG and lift it?

#22 · (Edited)
I don't know about that... regardless of any SUV I get (never getting a truck), I'll be keeping it on pavement , gravel or dirt roads.

If i want to go off road, i'll get an ATV or a Jeep. Man i love Jeeps.

#25 ·
Blaque_Out said:
I don't know about that... regardless of any SUV I get (never getting a truck), I'll be keeping it on pavement , gravel or dirt roads.

If i want to go off road, i'll get an ATV or a Jeep. Man i love Jeeps.
when i have the funds..
im getting a k5 for off road (FULL SIZE!!)
and then one for toating the fam (when i get one).. suv with 24s and supercharged..

#26 ·
If I had a 9-7X I'd probably throw a lift kit in it, huge muddin' tires, and all that fun stuff.....

then again, I'd be kind of interested to see a fully "pimped" 9-7X like what celebs do to escalades....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.