Saab Link Forums banner

9-7X 5.3i v.s. Envoy Denali

6K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  fretrunner9000 
#1 ·
I have a customer comparing the 9-7x with a Denali Envoy. For me its a no brainer decision the 9-7x is worth the 53,000 G's mainly because not many people own one. What do you guys think is a good sales tool to use to promote the 9-7x?????

Jake
Turpin Saab
Sales & Leasing Consultant

#2 · (Edited)
i think it really depends on your customer.. feel them out. MOst people wants to feel AHEAD of the croud and be individuals but still able to connect with it. marketing it to be good b/c not many people have it is all in how you sell the idea and what kind of person your dealing with.

for instance my pops (who would never buy an SUV but just for say) would go with the watered down envoy b/c hes not the kind of person who feels like he has to set him self apart for the croud he likes to blend. So saying that not many people buy them would probably discurage some one like him.

but if its a lady who ususaly drives a BMW x5 then useing the set a part for the croud might be a good idea

obviously highly stero typical but thats just what u have to asume in sales

#4 ·
I would say the dealer experience should be a good selling tool, and overal customer experience. I know my saab dealer has won lots of customer service awards. If your place hasn't, then just say how its a smaller dealer (if that's true) etc. etc.

Doesn't saab also have a better warranty than the gmc? even though its the same pewertrain?

#5 ·
you sould emphasizde the differences between the standard gm versions and the saab first of all. and make sure they test drive both. also, i htink the saab looks better, and is definitely more unique-looking. and obviously the #1 reason, the key is between the seats.

#6 ·
Just tell them that saab is OBVIOUSLY better then Denali because they are "Born from jets" :roll:

Just joking but in all seriousness do you have any details on the customer? Do they have a family or what is the reasoning for wanting an SUV? Are they an older couple? Those things will make a big difference in what sales point you need to run with. To bad they dont make the 9-7's in Sweden or you could convince them that a European Delivery is the way to go ;) Maybe a combi would fit them better? :)

#8 ·
The 9-7x has had a ton, literally hundreds if not thousands, of upgrades to the standard GM suspension. It will seriously outhandle the Denali Envoy. Tighter steering ratio, better anti-roll bars, lowered ride, etc. Take him on a test drive with some curvy roads, and ask if the Denali Envoy can compare.

Edit - I would add I've driven both a TrailBlazer and a 9-7x, and it's difficult to believe that they're on the same platform.

#9 ·
OH MY GOD. Really?!? You aren't really asking this?!?

"What do you guys think is a good sales tool to use to promote the 9-7x?????"

This is so simple. HAVE HIM DRIVE THE ENVOY.
We rented one in Miami last winter (NOT my idea).
It was far and away the WORST SUV I have ever driven in my life.
Very slow, and hell I thought I was going to roll it over going 35 around a sharp turn!
The lowered 9-7 should NOT have this issue.

#11 ·
warantee? Does the saab come with 2 years fee service?

Vs normal GM warantee on the Denali?

Not sure...just guessing

In all honesty, both vehicles are not worth what they sell for. I have a yukon xl & I am amazed daily by how poorly designed/engineer the thing is. It also amazes me that people actually buy them for daily use, mine is for work

#14 ·
Peregrine said:
Bringing that Viggen to the Ohio meet, gm? ;)
I would love to come up but to much stuff going on here.

I FINALLY started back to college to get a 4yr degree & it's taking up all my time. Nov 07 I will be finished & hopefully I can make it up there then

Not even sure I can make it to SOC this year :(

#17 ·
Thank you to everyone that has posted on this forum.
Yes i am in Saab Sales.
Yes the 9-7X has the lowered suspension
Yes the Saab has a 4 year/80 000Km warranty(CANADAIN)
Yes the Saab is more unique in looks and driving
My prop has test driven both the 9-7X and the Denali.
He is a 50+ year old city of Ottawa construction manager. Does a lot of traveling and is married. We also test driven the 9-3 Sportcombi but that does not fit him very well(is you know what i mean). The main reason he is looking at the 9-7X is because of the amazing towing capacity is has-6500lbs.

I would like to thank everyone for thier input. As i said i wanted to know what you guys have thought would be good sales technique. I have used my own and sold him a 2006 Saab 9-7X 5.3i. Colour is steel gray.

I would also like to add that i will be posting more forums on hear about different cars I am in the process of selling.

#20 ·
The denali is MTV Bling, Yuck, unless this guys kids make the decision, you should be able to emphasize the Euro feel of it. Invest in some nice Euro plates, and slap on on some of the cars as a reminder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.