Saab Link Forums banner

Dad broke down in a brand new 9-7X hahahaha

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  zingZACH 
#1 ·
Well, my dad was on his way over here (my aunt's house) for thanksgiving, and he broke down in Hooksett, NH (about 30 minutes from where he lives), and he said the 9-7X was running on 2 cylinders and shit the bed hahaha. I told him not to bring that junk up here, and to just bring one of the 9-3SS's on the lot (he is the general sales manager at Gary Blake Saab)... so now he is sitting in Hooksett waiting for my Nana and Papa to pick him up....

I just found this extremely amusing haha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 ·
Thats funny, Mabey X stands for Xtreemly shitty and unreliable? a good possibility. But if saabs start breaking down more and more people are gonna start thinking that even PRE-GM saabs are shit. But they means the prices will go down on viggens hahah, not really but i would like to think so :)

#9 ·
probabably an electrical fault. I have seen the plugs on those ignition moduels just fall off before... They slap these things together so fast sometimes things like a broken clip will go unnoticed. all it probably needed was to be plugged back in and a new clip installed back at the dealer :roll:

#10 ·
My dad said it was the computer (he is here now), and that it was already replaced once (car has less than 1k on it).... 1k miles and 2 computers shit the bed.... hmmmm :? :shock: :lol: :roll:

#13 ·
Yes it does. If 9 out of 10 9-7's were doing this it wouldn't be a fluke. But since this is the very first one to do it, then its a fluke. I should also say that its not like this is a problem on most of GM's I-6's and V8's, so all the more likely its a fluke.

#14 ·
zingZACH said:
stromer said:
What are all those smiley's sopposed to mean? I say it again: fluke!
Sorry, but 2 computers in 1k miles.... that doesnt seem like a fluke...
Yeah - and if that's the case - someone should stop slapping PCM's at it and figure out WHY it's taking them out.... there's a reason WHY it's blowing em out clearly....

#16 ·
My wifes 2006 9-7x has been having major electrical problems since we purchased it in November 2005. It's been in the shop 6 times for security system locking the ingnition out, stabilitrack failure, and any combination of windows and seat heater malfunctions.

This vehicle just plain sucks. Funny when I've got to rely on my 12 year old 9000 with 230k to be the rescue vehicle. Makes me wonder why I bought a new vehicle for her. She's got less security than a used car.

I thought it was just a fluke, a one time problem, but after reading this post I'm not so sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.