Saab Link Forums banner

Thinking about buying a 9-7x Aero ( Performance Upgrades?)

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jssaab 
#1 ·
I think I am moving down south for a job, no Saab repair places in the area so I was thinking about getting the 9-7 aero figuring many things can be done at a Chevy dealer.

So the egine is an LS2? I use Pace Proven Motorsport in Delaware for dyno time and they are LS2 crazy there. I was talking to the guy about doing a 9-7 and he was all over it.

Here is an escalade with thier standard Super charger, cam and tune package.

Oh how do you embed video ???

WE are thinking twin turbo to stay wiht Saab's turbo heritage, it coudl be fun. gotta find one now.

Race Proven Motorsports 2010 Escalade - YouTube

#4 ·
Be carefull b/c many Blazer SS's and 9-7x Aero's have had Engines go boom under hard driving conditions....something with sudden acceleration and starving for oil - but as long as you aren't concerned about that - go nuts! My suggestion is to join a GM forum where there are A LOT of SS owners and get a good feeling for the engine/trans and what you CAN get away with safely. If there is enough positive and you got the cash for gas - why not.

#5 ·
Yeah thanks, getting a car allowance with the new job so buying a used car and adding to it should be easy. I won;t be driving too far with the new gig so might as well have fun

The guys at PRM are pretty familiar with these cars so I can lean on them about oiling as such...

#7 ·
I have one(and a GTO) and we love it. There are suspension mods (coilovers and lower control arms in the front, adjustment to the rear airbags), and the pretty much standard off-the-shelf stuff from there: cams, headers, rockers, CAI, turbo- and supercharger kits, tuner software, etc. From mild to wild, limiting factor is your budget.

But as mentioned, and as I state in my sig, this thing is a very fast Saab, despite the size and weight. (GTO is faster, but still, goes like a scalded cat).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.