these are fast - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-7X Forum > General 9-7X Posts and Information

General 9-7X Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-7X.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

these are fast

But whats faster, aero or jeep Cherokee srt?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
SRT-8 is Faster. Not by a huge amount, but noticeable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
SRT-8 is Faster. Not by a huge amount, but noticeable.
I would consider it faster by a significant amount.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
I would consider it faster by a significant amount.

I agree.

Didn't want to get into specifics out of fear of being called a Fanboi or Magazine Racer by Saabeh.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
Elder

Oh, did Saabeh post? I still have him blocked.

Quote:
^ IronJoe doesn't park, he lands.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
SAAB Road Master

Lemme' see if I can get blocked?

Hey, Iron Joe! Nice vert. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #7
SAAB Road Master

The devil made me do it I swear.

I dang near bought an Aero but the drive to upstate NY just never happened. The Corvette motor was the draw. Black with the tan leather. Sigh.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
Elder

There is an SUV that's faster than the Cherokee SRT-8.

Supercharged RangeRover. Incredible machine, but as reliable as a.... Range Rover....

Anyhoo, I've been in the SRT-8 and it just felt cheap to me. Very happy with the Aero. Hauls the twins rather nicely. Hence the tags.

'91 900 Turbo SE Convertible
'93 900 Turbo CE #116, modified
'02 9-5 Aero SportWagon, MT
'06 GTO, modified
'08 9-7X 6.0 Aero. The fastest stock Saab I've owned, bar none.

Last edited by Talladega900; 10-23-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
SAAB Road Master

One of the blessings of the Corvette engine is that there are all sorts of was to gain a tick of advantage here and there. There are also a lot of folks in Corvette forums who will guide and nurse you along to get it right. Cost for the American parts seems to be way less too. Put a Z06 plenum and cold air box and an "H" pipe with a Borla and net a cheap 20/25 horses with almost no effort.

Me, I really don't give a ratz adz if there is a Range Rover who can in theory catch me. I wouldn't even break bread with a traitor who bought a TATA from Mumbai in any way shape or form.

With a bit more jazz that is easy to come by for the LS motor, it is a matter of saying ta ta to da TATA.

Saw a motor the other day of that series and said to the mech .. "wow supercharged, 550 horse?" but it was more like 800 with a few additional options.

With the potential at so tiny a cost the old mil saying comes to mind ... "factor? nah no factor!"
Old 10-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
SAAB Road Master

Oh Yea. These things are sweet. I hate regular Tblazers with a passion but a drove a Trailblazer SS to lunch one day back at the dealer. . . and I wanted one immediately. FAST, AWD, Leather, seats 5.

Jeep paved the way for these SUV's back in 1998 with the 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee. Slow by todays standards, but can be picked up cheap now and with 5-7k worth of goodies, will outrun most rigs on the road.

I have yet to try an SRT-8 but I imagine its a beast.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
jim miller is the president of the "fast black car" club
Old 12-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #12
Elder

Local used car place brought a 9-7 Aero by and I took it for a spin, and ditto, it's bloody quick.

Haven't been in a Cherokee SRT-8, but there are lots of them around where we are, and they do sound pretty amazing, especially with a set of Hollywood pipes coming out under the bumper....

9-7 was much more agile than I thought it would be too, and considering they're 3 years old and the Aero can be had sub ~$16k a lot of times, seems like a time to use depreciation to your advantage to me.

Drew

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Have you really seen 9-7x Aero's under $16k? Most of my browsing has found them a little over $20,000. I think this is still a very good deal.

The biggest plus to a 9-7x Aero vs the SRT-8 is the towing capacity, in my opinion. I beleive the 9-7x is 6,600 pounds.

The Trailblazer SS is often compared to the 9-7x since they share the same driveline. The interior on the Saab is much, much nicer and I have found that the Trailblazer is often more expensive than the 9-7x in the same model year and similar miles.

And, in case some people weren't aware of this, there were only two colors offered in the two-year run of the 9-7x Aero (2008 and 2009). The two colors were the graphite black and silver. Only 21 silver version were made. Yes, 21. I am pretty sure that only 400 total 9-7x Aeros were made, meaning there are just 379 in black. It may have been 500 or 600, but obviously this is still very, very low production in today's world.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
yes, 25 years from now people are going to be so confused when they see one of these things. It will be about like seeing one of these today.

Fuego Turbo. and yes, sold in the US.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
I'm pretty sure my neighbor had one of those.... impressive. Thats a Renault right?
'01 Viggen (sold)
Old 12-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #16
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
jim miller is the president of the "fast black car" club
ROTFLMAO

Merry Christmas, everybody!

'91 900 Turbo SE Convertible
'93 900 Turbo CE #116, modified
'02 9-5 Aero SportWagon, MT
'06 GTO, modified
'08 9-7X 6.0 Aero. The fastest stock Saab I've owned, bar none.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #17
Elder

There are some local Aeros for sale periodically listed at $18k-$22k, I think I remember some lot trying to blow one out for like $16.5k, but no one is buying SUV's in LA anymore, probably got trucked out to parts of the country that get weather....

I'm in MN for the holidays 2 more weeks and loving the 3 feet of snow we have, and I'm an hour south of The Cities. I'd take a romp in a 9-7 or a 9-2 out here in a heartbeat!

Drew

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in