Saab Link Forums banner

Test drove 9-7x

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BurnsSide42 
#1 ·
So my fiancee is looking to get a new vehicle she would like an SUV. After looking at a few (mainly the big three) we have a kid and would like something thats big enough to go camping or beach it. well I seen stuffed back hidden in the way way back was a black 07 9-7X with the 5.3i. has 47k on it. I took it for a test drive and fell in love. I like the slightly stiffer suspension and the power in it. theres NO 3rd seat to get into the way, i think since this is not a large suv it shouldnt have it any way and kudos to SAAB...... HOWEVER is this 5.3 the chevy/gm 327ci?? I have read that its off of the envoy platform......what is everyone elses thoughts on their 9-7x. has anyone run into the faulty leaky ticking heads?

#4 ·
Get the Aero. 6.0 LS-2 Corvette/GTO/Caddy CTS-V engine.

My brother has the GMC Sierra 1500 pickup (carpenter). It's been bulletproof for him.

#5 ·
ya would like to its only got 47k and is only $14600 clean. makes me wonder why so cheap. but we are going in today on last time to look at it maybe take it for a couple of days to get the feel ya know. its that a commander or an 06 durango. but the its tough because the 97x doesnt have a 3rd which is a good thing more room in the ass end.

#6 ·
After doing research the Trannies on the 4.2 are a common problem. We bought one from an auction at a low price and tranny was gone. Check out TrailVoy.com it is a site for Trailblazer and Envoy owners. Talked with a couple leaving church last week and they were needing a new transmission as well.

#7 ·
5.3 gets SLIGHTLY better MPG's then the 4.2 6 banger - the 6 is a real DAWG as the V8 feels proper for a vehicle of it's size. I like the V8 9-7X's myself - it took awhile to grow on me, but they are nice SUV's - however, NOT for the new sticker price of course. Used it sounds like they are depriciating as any Saab should - which is great for the sort of buyers we are....

Between the 3 choices you have listed I would go with the 9-7 personally. Those Durango's are very cramped and ugly... the Commander is well, a passenger Jeep and that just makes little sense to me,a nd they are ugly :) Get the 9-7 if the price is right - they seemed to be fairly reliable too. Tires being your biggest investment every few years. FYI - must buy in sets of 4 due to full time AWD.... otherwise it could cause issues with the system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.