Saab Link Forums banner

Saab 9-7x 5.3i Buy Back...

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jameson 
#1 ·
Alright guys, what do you think about GM buy backs?

I use to work at a GM dealer, and my opinion is 50/50 on it. I'd be trading in my cherry condition 04 Mach 1 for it, so I'm being cautious...

What's your guys feelings on one of these?

#2 ·
If I remember right you will be given a form that tells the reason the car was bought back and what was done to repair it. Who knows mabey it was bought back for a stupid reason (loose nut behind the wheel). Majority of the buy backs that I've delt with are usually bought back over something minor. The customer get it in his head there is a problem and they just buy the car back to shut them up. If it is a major deal and you don't like the way it was fixed just walk away.

#4 ·
Ray- I love my Mach, but in the past year I've only put 1500mi on it, plus it's up for sale anyways. I figure the 9-7x is more useful, especially to tow my Saabs around when they break lol...

#6 ·
Yes the warranty is still in effect. I would have to look through the CPO book to find out about that. Off the top of my head, yes they are. I bet if he looks into the reason for by-back he'll find it has a new motor. GM has been having some issues with oil consumption on the V-8's

#7 ·
The one that we're looking at supposedly had issues with the body mounts making noise. I asked the dealership that has it to call the Saab dealer it was serviced at and have the records pulled, along with find out about remaining warranty.

It's a 2007 9-7x 5.3i Altitude Edition -- Rear DVD, 18" Wheels, Running Boards, Tow, Leather, Roof, Blah Blah Blah, all the options they come with. It's got 48,1xx on the clock...

#9 ·
The one that we're looking at supposedly had issues with the body mounts making noise. I asked the dealership that has it to call the Saab dealer it was serviced at and have the records pulled, along with find out about remaining warranty.

It's a 2007 9-7x 5.3i Altitude Edition -- Rear DVD, 18" Wheels, Running Boards, Tow, Leather, Roof, Blah Blah Blah, all the options they come with. It's got 48,1xx on the clock...
These things have been on fire sale for awhile. Around here they were $12-20k off MSRP for '09's. Make sure you are paying substantially less used or it might be better to buy a leftover '09.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.