Saab 9-7x 5.3i Buy Back... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-7X Forum > General 9-7X Posts and Information

General 9-7X Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-7X.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Slow Joe Send a message via Yahoo to Slow Joe
Saab 9-7x 5.3i Buy Back...

Alright guys, what do you think about GM buy backs?

I use to work at a GM dealer, and my opinion is 50/50 on it. I'd be trading in my cherry condition 04 Mach 1 for it, so I'm being cautious...

What's your guys feelings on one of these?
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Elder

If I remember right you will be given a form that tells the reason the car was bought back and what was done to repair it. Who knows mabey it was bought back for a stupid reason (loose nut behind the wheel). Majority of the buy backs that I've delt with are usually bought back over something minor. The customer get it in his head there is a problem and they just buy the car back to shut them up. If it is a major deal and you don't like the way it was fixed just walk away.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
Elder

No offense Joe, and I even like 9-7s, but to trade in a cherry Mach 1 for a 9-7x, seems like sacrilege to me. The value of that 9-7 is only going to plummet.

2000 Viggen 'vert
2000 9-5 Aero
1998 9000 CSE Turbo
1994 9000 Aero

Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #4

Ray- I love my Mach, but in the past year I've only put 1500mi on it, plus it's up for sale anyways. I figure the 9-7x is more useful, especially to tow my Saabs around when they break lol...
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via Yahoo to aireeca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Joe View Post
Ray- I love my Mach, but in the past year I've only put 1500mi on it, plus it's up for sale anyways. I figure the 9-7x is more useful, especially to tow my Saabs around when they break lol...
That's pretty sound logic.

Marty, about buybacks, do they still have the warranty balance on them? Can they be pre-certified, etc.? I've never heard much about those kind of cars and it'd be neat to know a little more.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Elder

Yes the warranty is still in effect. I would have to look through the CPO book to find out about that. Off the top of my head, yes they are. I bet if he looks into the reason for by-back he'll find it has a new motor. GM has been having some issues with oil consumption on the V-8's
Old 01-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #7

The one that we're looking at supposedly had issues with the body mounts making noise. I asked the dealership that has it to call the Saab dealer it was serviced at and have the records pulled, along with find out about remaining warranty.

It's a 2007 9-7x 5.3i Altitude Edition -- Rear DVD, 18" Wheels, Running Boards, Tow, Leather, Roof, Blah Blah Blah, all the options they come with. It's got 48,1xx on the clock...
1 Mercedes
Complete Addict.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
Elder

Joe, PM the vin and I can run it for you. It will tell whats all been done under warranty.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Joe View Post
The one that we're looking at supposedly had issues with the body mounts making noise. I asked the dealership that has it to call the Saab dealer it was serviced at and have the records pulled, along with find out about remaining warranty.

It's a 2007 9-7x 5.3i Altitude Edition -- Rear DVD, 18" Wheels, Running Boards, Tow, Leather, Roof, Blah Blah Blah, all the options they come with. It's got 48,1xx on the clock...
These things have been on fire sale for awhile. Around here they were $12-20k off MSRP for '09's. Make sure you are paying substantially less used or it might be better to buy a leftover '09.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in