Saab Link Forums banner

Lowered the 9-7X today

18K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Talladega900 
#1 · (Edited)
The rear anyway. GOD I love factory air-bag suspension! So simple to adjust! Lowered it two full inches, and it took all of about 10 minutes.

Before:

and:

After:

I have no idea how it changes handling, my wife took the car to the store as soon as I was done! LOL!

More random pics before she headed out...

Hmm. Thinking I may need to go wider in the rear. What do you think?

Much like Ironjoe, I like to fill the wheel wells. Hard to tell in these shots, but the axle or perhaps the wheel width might be a tad narrow:

Next up: Kaybee coilovers for the front... ;-)

See less See more
#4 ·
Probably because I'm too close, and using the zoom to back it out. Should stand further back and zoom in. I was looking for the wheel gap, not really looking to compose the perfect auto pic, I guess.

But hey, thanks for that comp... :rolleyes:

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, thanks, guys. Well, right now it's about as low as it can go without getting shorter bump-stops. And any lower, and the front will be sticking up in the air: Need to get the coil-overs from Kaybee for the front along with upgraded upper A-Arms. It could potentially be pretty slammed, although that's not really what I'm going for.

#15 ·
Which is why I'm a member of the TBSSOwner's forum as "Trollblazer". :headsmack:

#17 ·
It's a mix actually. Some don't know that "Saab" made an SUV, some don't know that Saab was (until today, YAAAAY!) was owned by GM. Those that do rarely know that a 6.0 LS-2 was offered, but on occasion, I get somebody who considered going Saab rather than Chevy.

Case in point, I mirrored my this post in the TBSSOwners forum, and one guy in there knew exactly what it was. http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29539

These things are so much fun, crossing the line between import and muscle. Get oddball responses on both sides of the fence all the time. You think a traditional Saab is "odd and quirky" (I hate the way the media consistently describes our Saabs)? Try an LS-2 equipped SUV from Saab!

#19 · (Edited)
Not quite that simple, but the same basic Gen III/IV engine family. LS-9 is actually an LS-7 (7 liter, aka 427, with a SC, dry sump) the LS-2 is 6 liter, normal oil pan/wet sump.

Just to confuse things, LS' in order of development:
LS1= 5.7 liter found in the "regular" C5 (previous body style) Corvette, SSR, early Caddy CTS-V, 2004 GTO
LS6= 6.0 liter found in the early C5 Z06 Corvette. Both these built side-by-side

LS2= 6.0 liter, but more a development of the LS1, found in the later "regular Corvette", SSR, later Caddy CTS-V, 2005/06 GTO, Trailblazer SS, and Saab 9-7X Aero :-D
LS7= 7.0 liter, current Z06 Corvette, dry sump

LS3= 6.2 liter, variable displacement engine, found in the current "regular" Corvette. Never made it into the 9-7X, although the dealer brochure's talk about it. I think it's also in the CTS-V Caddy and the STS-V Caddy. it's also in the Ponti G8

LS9= 7.0 liter supercharged found only in the $109,000 Corvette ZR1 currently.

All are aluminum blocks.

Variants: LQ-9 is an iron block version of the LS2 found in the Caddy Escallade. Hotrodders are looking for this block for strength to add SC or turbocharging. Some have gotten them to 2000 hp.

LQ4 is a iron block version of the LS1, I believe. Not a lot of attention there.

Lots of attention turning to the Ecotec 4 found in the low end 9-3SS, Chevy Cobalt, etc. Upwards of 1000 hp has been found from the hot roding scene.

Also, the V-6 in the 9-3SS Aero and the "regular" Caddy CTS is getting tons of attention as well.

Oh, and pretty much all of them, those that aren't already anyway, can be super- or turbocharged pretty readily. Tons of options out there.

Start looking to the hot rodders to see what's possible. Very cool stuff out there. I can only imagine where this can go with Koenigsegg now at the helm. GM engines will be the supplier for a while to come, and that ain't all bad, really.

#20 ·
Jim, in the future please warn us when you are going to post pics of any of YOUR vehicles. I had the bright control turned up high on my monitor and was temporarily blinded by the hand waxed shine off of the 9-7X. It's gotta add at least 10 whp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.