Saab Link Forums banner

06 9-7x buying advice

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  3MaSaab 
#1 ·
I'm looking at an 06 9-7x (v8) with nav and 24K on it. The price is 13,999. Any advice from some current owners?

#4 ·
thanks. i shot him a pm. I figure the price of gas should stay down a couple years (hopefully, kinda) so it shouldn't hurt my wallet too badly. they are giving these things away right now. trouble is, I have to trade my 9-5 to do it and I will be sorry to see her go.

#5 ·
I've had the chance to put quite a few miles on the 9-7's. I really like them as far as ride goes. We pulled a car home from Erie PA with a 6 six cyl. and it was very impressive as far as brakes and handling. Gas mileage was 17.9 round trip. (empty but driving hard out and loaded comming home) The 5.3 seems to get just as good of mileage on the highway as the 6 does, in town seems to hurt the 8 though from what customers have reported back to us. We've sold quite a few of them and have had no complaints with them except for tires. The factory tires don't last long and you MUST replace them in all fours or it will cause the all wheel drive to have fits. Hope this helps.

#9 ·
We've sold quite a few of them and have had no complaints with them except for tires.
Minor thread jack: It would be interesting to see in which markets these sold well. In New England (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont), I don't think I saw one of them on the road. However, there were a ton rolling around Yonkers, New York, about 18 months ago and I see at least one or two every week here in Cleveland.

Minor thread jack over.

#6 ·
thanks

thanks, it does help. gas mileage and reliability are the main issues for me. I'm quite a ways away from the nearest dealer so getting there sucks. i drive at least 70 miles a day but, a lot of highway so the cylinder shut off should help. i don't really need the space, but, I do want the AWD, winter is rough in western ny.

my 9-5 is getting higher miles (96k) so I want to unload it before my after-market warranty runs out.

thanks again

#7 ·
thanks, it does help. gas mileage and reliability are the main issues for me. I'm quite a ways away from the nearest dealer so getting there sucks. i drive at least 70 miles a day but, a lot of highway so the cylinder shut off should help. i don't really need the space, but, I do want the AWD, winter is rough in western ny.

my 9-5 is getting higher miles (96k) so I want to unload it before my after-market warranty runs out.

thanks again
For much of the service you could probably just go to a Chevy/GMC dealer. Very few parts are Saab specific.

#8 ·
is there such a thing as a good dealership?

yeah, that's what i've been doing with the 9-5 and it has worked out, ok. The dealership sucks and I have to wait for parts but, they can get into the comp, etc. The 9-7 would be even easier, gm motor, frame, body, etc.

#19 ·
We just took a Christmas road trip to CT from ME (260) each way.
Averaged about 16.4 @ 65-70mpg/loaded with two kids two dogs plus a Thule stuffed full...:shock: Yikes! Gotta love a Saab.
Day to day travel/to and fro errands give it 14-15mpg stop and go 45mph.
Not terrible, but definitely NOT the 9K average mpg.
Probably after lease we won't it buy out because of 70% residual.
Overall not a unlikable Saab, but might have been more satisfied with a 9-5 wagon.
Do look all over the web Clist etc. I know our dealer has two on their lot
Oconnorvwsaab.com.
As of late, I've noticed six new 9-7xs living in the neighborhood.
Impressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.