Saab Link Forums banner

9-7x Aero. Wtf?

8K views 60 replies 33 participants last post by  Champ 
#1 ·
I was on trollhattansaab.net, saabnet, and the GM website, and all have an article regarding a limited production 9-7x "Aero" model, with a special interior, 20" rims with performance tires, and (dramatic pause) a 6.0 liter V8 putting out 390 horsepower. Does anyone else see this as a rip off of the Trail Blazer SS for an extra $10k on the price tag and a Saab badge on the hood?

#6 ·
Myles Kovacs, president and co-founder of DUB Industries. "We wanted to integrate it into a custom vehicle. The 9-7X is a great vehicle to customize. We are very pleased with the outcome, it looks hot!"

It looks hot? Someone needs to shoot this man.

#21 · (Edited)
I disagree on part of that. The 9-7x is the most obvious choice for gigantic wheels but there was a hybrid 9-3SS (rumored to be a plug-in that GM nixed at the last moment) that Saab put some Aero-X wheels on and it looked awesome. It was at the Saab Museum in Sweden but unfortunately I only took a picture of the brakes behind the wheel but I'll look for someone elses pics for an example.

edit: found some photo's, I think people would still see the Aero-X connection and like them.

#32 ·
It's pretty hard not to let your own feelings get projected onto what the saab ethos represents and what you think the saab image should be. I don't know that maybe the "old school" engineers wouldn't have figured out a clever way to bring the saab approach to an SUV, but I don't personally care for the suv we have now, but that's just me. I don't like any SUVs really, just a personal thing, based in both economy and style.

#34 ·
"'06 GTO (Sorry, but 400 hp, 400 lb-ft kinda "speaks" to me! Plus: It's a 2-door coupe!)"

What does it say to you in the middle of a corner?

Last time I was riding in my friends GTO through some twisties, it reminded me of trying to make semi-tight turns on a bike riding no-handed :). You think to yourself 'i should be fine, right :(?'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.