Saab Link Forums banner

Possible AWD issue

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ylwfvr 
#1 ·
Bare with me, this is difficult to explain. Im experiencing what I believe to be 3 separate issues. The 1st one is very similar to PeterJ's earlier post but I just checked all tires and they're all EXACTLY the same, 255/55/18 105H, so it can't be that in my case. Here goes:

1. While coasting along with light acceleration, the car feels like its going over small bumps in the road even though there aren't any and I'm quite certain it isn't coming from the suspension. Another way to describe it is like a series of light thuds somewhere in the drivetrain. I've tried dropping into neutral but it doesn't seem to change anything, they're still there but slightly less pronounced. Another way to describe it is a sporadic shudder of the "drivetrain" at constant speed with light acceleration. Then, while stopped at a light, I heard and felt a big "THUD" from the back of the car.

2. Also while coasting with light acceleration, my tach shows engine speed fluctuating from around 1800 to 2000 constantly. I can feel the trans shifting slightly while this is happening (at least thats what I think it is) and its a constant fluctuation, it never settles down.

Some insight into this would be a great help to me. Does anyone think the two issues are related?

Thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.