Back in the Saab community / I couldnt stay away! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
TSLMember

Back in the Saab community / I couldnt stay away!

hey there guys and gals. So i havent been around in a while. I use to own a 1999 93 vert. I had done a lot of mods and tuning it was a very compitent touring car. Anyway i have since been looking for a good touring sedan with enough room for me the wife and 3 year old daughter. But of course with all the handling of a Porche and power of a freight train!

Enter, the 2000 Saab 95 saloon linear, 2.3t, a beautiful piece of machinery and a blast to drive. Only problem is the PO did not covet the vehicle the same as I do. So there is lots of work to do. I really hope to become a active member of the Saab community this time. Want to make some meets and maybe put together a cross country Saab Rally(just spit balling).

Anyway problem one with the car and from what I can tell the most serious. The Idle is so bad it dies when the car is cold or when the A/C is on and car in drive. Whenever there is a small load on the engine it struggles badly. I did all the usual, vacuum lines, coolant temp sensor, none of the parts i threw at it made a difference. Also when I was changing the vacuum lines the small vacuum line that comes off the front bottom of the throttle body had no vacuum on it. it was as if it was completely blocked. Is that supposed to have vacuum at all times while engine is running?

Second is wierd, evertime I make a right turn the left front wheel shudders. I am thinking tie rod or maybe motor/trans mount but don't want to throw a bunch of parts at it. I may just take it to a front end alignment shop for a look see.

Third I pretty much know but just want to list it so as to keep myself on track. I did a Sea Foam treatment on the car and smoke started pouring out of the engine bay not just the exhaust. So i popped the hood and low and behold, there was smoke pouring out from around the exhaust mani. Looks like I see a gasket replace in my future!

The car is really beautiful though and it deserves to be running like a swiss watch again. I can not let another Saab die!

Another question am I in the right place? or is there another forum where most of the 9-5 owners hangout?

Last edited by JOECROTCH; 06-17-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Elder

Check saab 9-5 purge valve? About $55 or so in the US.

Welcome back!
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
TSLMember

Really? I didnt even think about that. You are talking about the purge solonoid valve for the vapor canister correct? Thats why I love forums, I never would have thought of that!!

Thanks oliversexpedition!

Old 06-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
Elder

Yes I just replaced one on a 99 9-3 with a similar problem.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 06-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #5
TSLMember

thanks looks like that did the trick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in