New to me: 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

New to me: 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero

So I have been posting about this car here and there in different threads. I wanted to start a formal thread for any future mods. I plan on owning this car past 150k which should take me at least two more years to accumulate. I do lots of highway miles and put 25k on my wagon in a little less than a year, last year.

I picked it up with 102.5k with one previous owner. Its a nice clean, tight sedan. Has the 5 speed with no visibility package or rear heated seat. Has the Harmon Kardon audio system. It had all the original paperwork, even the stuff in swedish when it was imported 10 years ago.

I have done a lot to it since the beginning of January when I acquired it.

Right off the bat it needed an ABS Sensor and a tune up. It also needed a shift shaft seal and a trans fluid flush BADLY. All reason's I got a great deal on it. On the original trans fluid I could not get the car into reverse easily. After a flush and fill its like butter again. It needed a couple pcv valves replaced also(consuming oil).

From there it was time for mods. I put a 3'' catless exhaust. 3'' krona dp,3.5fpr, open intake, MikeD stage 3 tune. The car is mean and sounds it. I went with a cherrybomb vortex muffler and have no regrets.

I had the doglegs done a few things touched up along with the spoiler installed while it was in the body shop. Cark (carl) on here happened to have a oem spoiler template with all the hardware that came in huge for the install. I got rid of the chrome grill and installed oem xenon's and matched them with euro corner lights.

I had wished the car wasn't black when I first purchased it. I once owned my own detailing business and knew it would just take some time to get right. This past weekend I did a lot of paint correction and I think it came out great.

It needs more low and a bit more firewall but I am pretty happy with it as is.

The stock suspension's on these cars last a longg time and I have no plans on lowering it in the near future but who knows.

It wont be seeing a lot of winter driving in its future with me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-5b.jpg (109.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 9-5.jpg (112.6 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by bergie; 04-29-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Jameson
You don't see those wheels come up very often

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #3

^especially in 18''. I have owned these wheels for two years now. They didn't come with the car.

I personally love the way they look in person on the car. They are the perfect offset as well 35mm. They are RK2 heavy.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
You don't see those wheels come up very often
especially not in 18"! There is a pretty beat set of them in 17 on NH CL.

17" Ronal LZ 5x110 w/ hankook ventus tires

I inquired about them a year ago when they first came up, but they need more work than I want to do. He hasn't moved on his price at all...

Car looks way better than when I saw it a couple weeks ago Bergie!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

When mine came up for sale I had to have them. They are such a rare wheel, this is the only set in 18'' that I have ever seen. I stole them in like new condition.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #6
Elder

Black or Espresso?

Nice ride!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #7
SAAB Road Master

Nice man...i dig it

'02 9-5 Aero 5spd
'08 9-3 Turbo X
'08 9-5 Aero
Old 04-30-2014, 06:31 AM   #8

Thanks guys, It's black. I have yet to get a nice phone that can take quality pictures. In fact I don't know of anyone my age (27) anymore that doesn't have a smart phone but me.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
I think we have a spare digi cam kicking around I can give you! My lady won it or something. It would be worth you having it just so you could post good pics of your work! haha
Old 04-30-2014, 07:03 AM   #10
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Looks great! The tint this weekend should be the icing on the cake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in