Suspension Refresh - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 04:37 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Suspension Refresh

As my '06 9-5 rolls over 106K (And i live in Southern NH where we have so many frost heaves in our roads, that there is a guy making a living telling jokes about them) i'm thinking about a suspension overhaul, i see that both eeuroparts and FCP sell a refresh kit FCP has the Bilstein front and rear kit for around $1K has anyone used this kit comes with everything i think i need not sure about all the brands used (other than the Bilstein shocks of course) eeuro is cheaper and i think i really only need the front kit, but they use a lot of " ProParts" stuff is it good?
Thanks SaabLink
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

What makes you think you need to replace parts? Knocking noises, bouncy ride etc?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
before just ordering parts, i would go though the car, and ID exactly what has failed.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Yes bouncy ride, clunking not to bad but its starting i'm also going down to 16" wheels with more sidewall see if that helps (Hi Mike, i met you the other day when you picked up that sub-frame in Peterborough)
Old 03-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Elder

i would have an indy check it out to tell you exactly what failed. my parents 2002 Aero that they use like a pickup truck (overload the trunk with everything) only recently lost its rear shocks on a trip to the cape. and they are in NH as well potholes and all. they have 160k on the clock.

i think it was under $700 for the whole back setup to be replaced
Old 03-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #6
Elder

I would have someone check it over and make a list.

I would look at the propoly front bushing set. Check and see that is not a sway link, ball joint or tie rod.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 AM   #7
Avid TSL User

Ride quality had diminished on my 9-5 AERO. The rear end would sort of skip left or right over larger bumps. Had new rear shocks installed yesterday and it's like driving a new car. I waited too long to replace said shocks.

Feff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:30 AM   #8
SAABeginner

At 100k+ miles I think it's generally good practice to fit all new bushings and shocks/struts on most any car. Just ordered all that up for my Saab. I went with the Bilstein B12 pro kit package, all the powerflex bushings they make (except subframe b/c mine look to be in perfect shape) and oem bushings where powerflex doesn't make bushings (rear end stuff).

BTW $1k for F&R bilstein is high. I got the B12 kit for just over $800 and that includes springs.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #9
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
At 100k+ miles I think it's generally good practice to fit all new bushings and shocks/struts on most any car. Just ordered all that up for my Saab. I went with the Bilstein B12 pro kit package, all the powerflex bushings they make (except subframe b/c mine look to be in perfect shape) and oem bushings where powerflex doesn't make bushings (rear end stuff).

BTW $1k for F&R bilstein is high. I got the B12 kit for just over $800 and that includes springs.
Kinda silly to buy hundreds of dollars of suspension parts unless they have failed and need replacing.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in