Psycho Saab - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > General 9-5 Posts and Information

General 9-5 Posts and Information Please post general topics pertaining to the 9-5.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Psycho Saab

My parents got a 2006 9-5 wagon with an FPT 2.3 in it and an automatic 'box. Anyway, since it has ESP, I wanted to see how "Saab like" the handling was, and by this I mean tendency to lift-oversteer in a turn. Moreover, I've driven cars with ESP that is truly, well "extra sensory". My scenario was obviously stacked to induce loss of control, and was as follows; it was damp out, and there was an up-hill, sharp right turn, and I was going ~30mph. I turned in sharply and booted it with the intent on seeing whether or not the ESP would commit the perilous act of suddenly cutting throttle and hitting the front brakes. Sure enough, the wheels started to spin, and then plow, and then the ESP light came on. Now, I know in my only-ABS-equipped OG9-3, if I accelerate hard in the middle of a turn, and then snap off the gas, it flicks the tail around. I did NOT expect 4X the unruly behavior at such low speeds in an ESP equipped car! However, to my horror/delight, the car went pro-circuit drift sideways, the SID started binging like crazy, and all the interior lights came on. Also, there emanated from the front outside wheel a buzzing abs sound and a marked tugging feeling, However, I wonder if that is just that understeer chatter coming through?
What say you? To me, this seems totally unreasonable. Is something wrong, ya think?
Thanks in Advance,
-Cm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Elder

My car did the same thing due to execessive camber in the rear, check the rear tires for interior edge wear/bad camber
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Replace , the yaw rate sensor & esp brain if yo can afford to do this, a yaw rate malfunction can cause an esp equipt 95 to literary turn itself around on an exit ramp. I love esp, but when it malfunctions, have experienced first hand, its a scratch ride till you figure out whats wrong.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 12-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Yeah, but why no codes then? Also, the car only has ~70k on it. Lastly, WTF is with turning all the interior lights on and binging the SID? Once I got back on the straight the lights went off and the sid shut up.
-Cm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in